Assistant Director Of Nursing
Location: Geneva, NY
Assistant Director of Nursing -
- Full Time
- Direct Hire
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
- 95k - 99k, DOE.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Facility Type: Long Term Care
- Location: Geneva, New York (Finger Lakes Region)
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a dedicated long term care professional who possesses the capability to oversee the overall operations of the Nursing Home as necessary. They will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures. It is imperative that they ensure all staff members comply with current federal and state regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures. In addition, regular audits and investigations may be required. This role will also involve overseeing the operations of two nursing homes in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and extensive knowledge of general operations, human resources, budgeting, reimbursement, NYS DOH compliance, quality, and safety.
- In order to fulfill the role of clinical leader when necessary, the candidate must also be clinically competent in resident care.
- The Assistant Director of Nursing will report to the Administrative Director of Nursing for the Long Term Care Division.
- The candidate must have previous experience in a managerial or assistant director role, demonstrating positive leadership abilities.
- The candidate must be capable of adapting to change and fostering an environment that supports change.
- The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
- The candidate must possess the ability to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- The candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as a strong commitment to providing outstanding experiences for our residents and their families.
- The candidate should be able to mentor and develop others.
- The candidate must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited nursing school or registered professional nursing program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, or willingness to actively pursue.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License required.
- Four years of managerial experience and two years of nursing experience in the Long Term Care setting, with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Knowledge and application of New York State Department of Health regulations and survey process, along with successful experience.
Must be clinically competent.
Prior experience at the Assistant Director level.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with others (staff, medical staff, other department managers, and the public) in a resident/family-centered environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with residents and staff in various stressful and adverse situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- High level of multitasking ability.
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- PRI and MDS knowledge/experience; Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ABOUT THE AREA:
- Geneva is a city in the state of New York, located at the northern end of Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes Region. It offers picturesque wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, and attractions for all four seasons.
On Cayuga Lake, you can find the city of Ithaca, home to Cornell University. The surrounding area features stunning high gorges, many of which are adorned with breathtaking waterfalls, such as Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls.
Not far from the tip of Seneca Lake lies Watkins Glen State Park, known for its rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, as well as opportunities for trout fishing. In the southwest, you will find the Corning Museum of Glass. To the north, the Old Erie Canal provides a wonderful venue for hiking, canoeing, and fishing. In the northwest, you can enjoy the scenic views of Lake Ontario from the city of Rochester. Additionally, it is a short drive to Syracuse, NY. Nearby, you can find Hobart and William Smith Colleges, as well as Ithaca College.