Assistant Director Of Nursing
Location: Waterloo, NY
Assistant Director of Nursing -
- Full Time Position.
- Permanent Position.
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Salary Range: $95,000 - $99,000, based on experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Assistance with Relocation.
- Environment: Long Term Care Facility
- Location: Waterloo, New York
- We are seeking a dedicated and service-oriented long term care professional to join our team as the Assistant Director of Nursing. In this role, you will oversee the overall operations of the Nursing Home when required, and will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures. You will ensure that all staff members comply with federal and state regulations, as well as the facility's policies and procedures. Regular audits and investigations, as necessary, will also be part of your responsibilities. Additionally, you will take charge of two nursing homes in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and extensive knowledge of general operations, human resources, budget management, reimbursement processes, compliance with NYS DOH regulations, and quality and safety measures.
- Furthermore, the candidate must have clinical competence in resident care in order to assume the role of a clinical leader when required.
- As the Assistant Director of Nursing, you will report to the Administrative Director of Nursing for the Long Term Care Division.
- The candidate must have previous experience in a managerial or assistant director role, demonstrating positive leadership abilities.
- The candidate should be adaptable to change and have the capability to create an environment supportive of change.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
- The candidate must be able to establish and nurture meaningful relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- The candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to providing an exceptional experience for our residents and families.
- The candidate must be proficient in mentoring and developing others.
- The candidate should have exemplary critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Minimum Requirement: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or Registered Professional Nurse with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree, or willingness to actively pursue one.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License is mandatory.
- Minimum Requirement:
At least four years of managerial experience and two years of nursing experience with demonstrated leadership abilities in a Long Term Care setting.
- Knowledge and application of New York State Department of Health regulations and survey process, and successful prior experience in this area are required.
Clinical competency is a must.
Prior experience at the Assistant Director level will be an advantage.
- Minimum Requirement:
The candidate must have a proven ability to develop strong relationships with others (including staff, medical professionals, other department managers, and the public) in a resident and family-centered environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful and adverse scenarios when working with residents and staff members.
- Ability to work with confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a high level.
- Computer literacy is necessary including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and power point. Preferred: PRI and MDS knowledge/experience; Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- About the area:
- Waterloo is a city situated in central New York State, at the northern end of Seneca Lake, which is part of the Finger Lakes Region. The area is renowned for its high-quality wine trails, rich history, natural beauty, and year-round attractions. The city of Ithaca, located on Cayuga Lake, is home to Cornell University. The region is characterized by its picturesque gorges, many of which feature stunning waterfalls, such as Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls. Watkins Glen State Park, near the tip of Seneca Lake, offers rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, as well as trout fishing. Southwest of Waterloo, you will find the Corning Museum of Glass. To the north, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario. The area is not far from a highly-rated mall, excellent restaurants, and a wealth of outdoor activities. Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges, as well as Ithaca, are located nearby.