Assistant Director Of Nursing
Location: Waterloo, NY
Assistant Director of Nursing -
- Full Time.
- Direct Hire.
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Work Environment: Long Term Care Facility
- Location: Waterloo, New York
- We are seeking a dedicated and service-oriented professional to join our team as the Assistant Director of Nursing. In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Nursing Home, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and that all staff adhere to federal and state regulations. As the Assistant Director, you will also be responsible for conducting audits and investigations as needed. Additionally, you will step in to oversee the operations of two nursing homes in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- To excel in this position, you must possess strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and a deep understanding of general operations, human resources, budgeting, reimbursement, NYS DOH compliance, quality control, and safety measures.
- In order to fulfill the clinical leadership role when necessary, you must possess clinical competency in resident care.
- The Assistant Director of Nursing will report to the Administrative Director Nursing for the Long Term Care Division.
- The ideal candidate will have previous managerial or assistant director experience, demonstrating positive leadership skills.
- You should have the ability to adapt to change and create an environment that supports change.
- Effective communication skills are essential, as you will be working with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- You should be able to develop meaningful relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills are required, as well as a commitment to providing an exceptional experience for our residents and families.
- Mentoring and developing others is an important aspect of this role.
- You should possess excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school or Registered Professional Nursing with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree or willingness to actively pursue.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License required.
Four years of managerial experience and two years of nursing experience and demonstrated leadership abilities in the Long Term Care setting.
- Knowledge/application of New York State Department of Health regulations and survey process and successful experience.
You must be clinically competent.
Prior experience as an Assistant Director
You must have a proven ability to develop positive relationships with others (staff, medical professionals, other department managers, and the public) in a resident- and family-centered environment.
- You should be able to work well with residents and staff in various stressful and adverse situations.
- You must handle confidential information with discretion.
- You should be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Computer literacy is required, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and power point presentations.
PRI and MDS knowledge/experience; Experience with Microsoft Office products including word, excel and power point.
About the Area:
Waterloo is a city located in central New York State, at the northern end of Seneca Lake. The area is renowned for its Finger Lakes Region, which offers scenic wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, and a variety of attractions throughout the year.
Not far from Waterloo is the city of Ithaca, home to Cornell University and Cayuga Lake. The region is characterized by stunning gorges, many of which feature breathtaking waterfalls like Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls.
In addition to its natural wonders, the area also offers Watkins Glen State Park, known for its rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, perfect for trout fishing. Southwest of Waterloo, you'll find the Corning Museum of Glass, while to the north lies the Old Erie Canal, which now provides opportunities for hiking, canoeing, and fishing. Finally, to the northwest, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario.
The Waterloo area is conveniently situated near a top-rated mall, excellent restaurants, and abundant outdoor activities. Nearby, you'll find Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges, as well as Ithaca.