Assistant Director of Rehabilitation – Occupational Therapist
Rehabilitation Occupational Therapist Assistant Director
- Occupational Therapist required.
- Permanent position.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Work setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Grand Island, NY (An island on the Niagara River between Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo NY).
The Assistant Director of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for assisting in the provision of high-quality therapy services to ensure the well-being of residents. This role includes administering skilled therapy treatments and maintaining the highest standard of resident care. Additionally, the Assistant Director will assume the responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation Services when necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Assume the role of the Director of Rehabilitation Services in their absence.
2. Initiate skilled therapy treatments according to physician's orders and rehabilitation goals, ensuring ongoing communication with the physician.
3. Maintain accurate records of evaluations, progress notes, MDS records, and discharge summaries, adhering to state, federal, and facility policies. Provide written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
5. Contribute to Resident Care Planning (RCP) and Resident/Family Care Plan Review meetings, completing required documentation after each meeting.
6. Keep statistical records of residents' treatments.
7. Assist with education and in-service trainings as needed.
8. Maintain and update residents' care plans.
9. Inform residents or their representatives about care and treatment plans and potential outcomes if they decline participation in a therapy program.
10. Provide orientation, training, and supervision for departmental personnel, including students assigned to the facility or educational programs.
11. Manage requisitions for supplies and equipment.
12. Act as the direct report for Therapy/Rehab personnel in conjunction with the Director.
13. Ensure accurate and timely processing of all documentation.
14. Lead departmental meetings in the absence of the Director and attend various inter-departmental meetings as appropriate:
a. Resident Care Planning
b. Quality Assurance Committee
c. Quality Assessment and Review Committee
d. Morning Report
e. Safety Committee
f. In-service Education
g. Staff Meeting for Department heads and Supervisors
15. Maintain punctuality and regularity in attendance, following the assigned work schedule and ensuring reliable transportation.
16. Utilize electronic timekeeping system, if applicable.
17. Adhere to the facility's dress code, including wearing a name tag at all times.
18. Perform assigned duties in accordance with service excellence standards and goals for this position and all staff members of the facility.
19. Attend facility meetings, staff meetings, and required or preferred in-services.
20. Generate and develop ideas to enhance the quality of care for residents and improve position productivity and satisfaction.
21. Follow safety rules and practices to ensure the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
22. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all policies and procedures and refer to appropriate manuals.
23. Provide excellent customer service to residents, staff, and visitors.
24. Adapt to changing situations and reprioritize work as necessary.
25. Adhere to policy and procedure regarding the use of electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
26. Support and comply with the facility's Mission, Vision, and Values.
27. Adhere to the business's code of conduct, compliance, and HIPAA policies.
28. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff, or Administrator.
- Must hold a valid license as an Occupational Therapist, with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited curriculum.
- Current state licensure is required.
- Interest in working with the elderly and commitment to respecting the rights of residents during care and treatment.
- Display genuine concern, patience, and compassion when interacting with elderly patients.
- Valid CPR/BLS certification.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and teach others, as well as organize workload, delegate tasks, and promote teamwork.
- Experience in geriatric Occupational/Physical Therapy.
- Proficiency in computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office.
- About the area:
- Grand Island NY is situated on the Niagara River between Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo NY. Buffalo NY is located in Western New York and is known for various attractions such as Buffalo Sabres', Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Wings and the wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, Canal-side, St. Patrick's Day Celebrations, Food trucks galore, rated a very clean city, hockey and more hockey, the largest two-day food festival, and more! Niagara Falls, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is less than 30 minutes away. Additionally, the region boasts several outstanding colleges and universities. It takes only 30 minutes to reach Niagara Falls, Canada, 1.25 hours to Rochester, and 2.50 hours to Syracuse.