Assistant Medical Director – Neuropathologist
Job Location IDX Irving TX Site - Irving, TX
Position Type Full Time
What We're Looking For
Our company, a prominent national pathology laboratory, is seeking a full-time Neuropathologist to join our team as an Assistant Medical Director specializing in therapeutic neuropathology at our laboratory in New York City. As the Assistant Medical Director, you will be responsible for examining and interpreting neuropathology cases including skin biopsies, muscle and nerve biopsies, brain autopsies, and surgical neuropathology consults. The ideal candidate will possess board certification in anatomic pathology and neuropathy from the American Board of Pathology.
• Analyze and interpret neuropathology cases, including:
Skin biopsy cases related to epidermal nerve fiber density and sweat gland nerve fiber density.
Muscle and nerve biopsy cases.
Autopsy brain cases.
Surgical neuropathology consult cases.
• Support the Medical Director in overseeing all laboratory testing:
Ensure adherence to quality standards/metrics and regulatory requirements.
Monitor and enhance the competency of laboratory personnel.
Ensure timely completion of tests and accurate reporting.
• Collaborate with fellow pathologists on requested or necessary case consultations.
• Provide training and supervision to pathology assistants, residents, and fellows in specialty training, if required.
• Engage in research activities and contribute to development projects, if applicable.
• Adhere to established policies, procedures, objectives, as well as continuous quality improvement, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Foster and improve relationships with clinicians and the pathology community.
• Enhance personal and company reputation through activities such as research/publishing, marketing, training, and leadership initiatives.
Requirements• Medical Doctor or equivalent medical professional degree with board certification or eligibility from the American Board of Pathology in anatomical pathology and neuropathology.
• Possess or be eligible to obtain a medical license from the state of New York and a Certificate of Qualification from the CLEP.
• Strong diagnostic skills in anatomical pathology, particularly in neuropathology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas, findings, and complex concepts.
• Must work full-time at the Therapath Neuropathology laboratory in Midtown Manhattan.