Automation Engineer – DeltaV
A well-established control systems integration and services company is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer with expertise in Emerson DeltaV DCS for a position in Baton Rouge, LA. Alternatively, remote work is also an option. The main responsibilities include analyzing installation requirements, commissioning and inspecting hardware and software systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction. This role requires strong technical skills, critical thinking abilities, attention to detail, and proficiency in computer operations. Additionally, occasional travel to customer sites throughout the United States is expected.
Why Choose Us?
- We offer flexible work hours
- Work can be done remotely or at our office in Baton Rouge, LA
- We provide relocation assistance for those moving to Baton Rouge
- Our generous paid time off policy includes paid holidays
- Full benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Demonstrate proficiency in configuration, installation, and commissioning of Emerson's DeltaV DCS platform
- Focus on programming, installation, maintenance, testing, start-up, upgrading, and troubleshooting
- Work with DCS, various PLC Systems, and related industrial process instrumentation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with DeltaV DCS
- Strong computer, server, and networking skills, along with basic knowledge of industrial instrumentation
- Background in instrumentation (I&E) and/or engineering is advantageous, although programming and daily technical support for control systems are the primary focuses
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Successful completion of drug and alcohol screening is a requirement
- Must comply with the access/entry requirements of customer sites
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and possess a stable work history. We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Capable of periodically lifting items weighing 25 pounds or more
- Must have keen visual perception and the ability to respond quickly and report dangerous situations
- Physical activities may include bending, walking, climbing, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods
- May be required to wear PPE/Safety gear as necessary