Branch Manager (Credit Union)
Our client is seeking an exceptional individual with a passion for delivering excellent customer service to join their team as a Credit Union Branch Administrator in Baton Rouge, LA. This full-time position requires a strong leader who can provide guidance and support to the administrative and member service teams. The successful candidate will also play a key role in promoting credit union products and services, ensuring high-quality member service, and facilitating effective communication between various departments to enhance the overall member experience.
As the Branch Administrator, you will have the opportunity to lead a collaborative team and work strategically to achieve business goals. Additionally, you will receive a competitive total rewards package aligned to your experience level, including full benefits and a pension plan after 5 years of employment. Join our dynamic working environment and take ownership of your work as you make a positive impact on the credit union and its members.
- Provide daily supervision and guidance to branch personnel
- Manage branch operations, including opening and closing procedures
- Handle weekly cash orders, ensuring accurate placement and verification
- Conduct staff evaluations and address disciplinary matters in collaboration with Regional Branch Manager and Director of Human Resources
- Stay informed about credit union services and programs, ensuring thorough communication and adherence to policies and procedures
- Assist Regional Branch Manager in problem resolution and implement programs for improvement
- Coordinate training for new employees and provide ongoing training as needed
- Represent the credit union in public relations visits and community meetings
- Maintain active memberships in authorized groups and organizations
- Act as a backup for various branch positions
- Facilitate effective communication between members and staff to enhance member experience
- Address member complaints and provide satisfactory resolutions
- Prepare documents, reports, and review financial statements regularly
- Travel and work at other branches as needed
- Monitor and contribute to credit union and office profitability
- Stay updated on compliance issues related to member services and attend relevant training sessions
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year College or university is preferred, but can be substituted with 4 years of additional experience in a banking or credit union environment. Additionally, a minimum of 2 years of management experience is required.