Category Manager (Capital Projects)
As the Capital Projects Category Manager, you will collaborate with stakeholders to lead, develop, and implement sourcing and procurement strategies for CAPEX projects. This role requires serving as the main point of contact between selected vendors and the plant, ensuring compliance with company safety requirements and overseeing the technical scope of work for capital projects. We are seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic about building business partnerships, solving problems creatively, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Create category-specific strategies for Capital Equipment and Services that deliver enhanced value for money, mitigate risk, and improve quality and service.
- Ensure compliance with company safety standards by ensuring all contractors, vendors, and equipment designs, materials, processes, and work methods meet safety requirements.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in plant operations, engineering, and senior leadership to understand strategic direction, capital requirements, and business priorities.
- Analyze category trends, develop multi-year strategic sourcing strategies, and establish programs that provide a competitive advantage for the business.
- Oversee the procurement process for all Capex projects, including RFI/RFQ/RFPs, negotiations, contract preparation and execution, risk assessment and management, and coordination with vendors and suppliers.
- Develop comprehensive commercial arrangements that align with company business, legal, sustainability, and ethical requirements.
- Directly manage contracts and suppliers for the Capital Equipment & Services category, including equipment, engineering and design, and construction, through supplier scorecards, quarterly business reviews, and performance measurement.
- Ensure adherence to proper procedures and protocols for all purchasing activities. Track project execution to sourcing and procurement plans, ensuring cost and timeline objectives are met.
- Serve as a liaison between company stakeholders and suppliers/contractors/sub-contractors to facilitate the implementation of contracts. Drive compliance with the Change Management Process to resolve issues and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular and relevant communications regarding the Capital Equipment & Services category to stakeholders, highlighting industry best practices, trends, and knowledge.
- Continuously analyze market and industry data and trends to ensure program competitiveness throughout the agreement period.
- Encourage innovative ideas to optimize business solutions, challenge requirements and specifications, and create a competitive advantage.
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in supply chain, engineering, business administration, or a related field.
- Professional certifications in Supply Chain or Procurement (SCMP/CPSM) or Project Management are preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in strategic sourcing and capital procurement, with demonstrated knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and its practical application to sourcing projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a solid understanding of total system cost concepts.
- Experience conducting Should Cost, TCO, and ROI analysis and review.
- Subject matter expertise in Capital Equipment and related services.
- Track record of managing a Capital Equipment spend portfolio of $150M+.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and foster relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess strong presentation skills.
- Exhibit exceptional analytical and project management skills.
- Show a sense of urgency and results-oriented mindset.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify problems and their root causes, suggest resolutions, and drive their execution.
- Effective time management, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in SAP Procurement modules.
- Preferred ability to read engineering prints and understand other EPCI terminology.