Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – COTA
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA
- Location: Hamburg, NY (a suburb of Buffalo, NY).
- Immediate Employment Opportunity.
- Open to Recent Graduates of OTA Programs.
- Flexible Employment Options Available.
- Full-Time Position.
- Competitive Compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Work Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility. Schedule involves rotating weekdays, with occasional weekends and holidays.
As a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), you will play a critical role in enhancing the health and well-being of residents by implementing occupational therapy treatments prescribed by a licensed Occupational Therapist. Valid certification in New York State is required.
1. Collaborate with the Occupational Therapy Director to develop and execute treatment plans for residents.
2. Assist in designing group therapy programs that stimulate residents mentally and physically, while also creating individual and group projects suitable for residents with different challenges.
3. Document resident progress and behavior in Progress Notes.
4. Maintain attendance records and prepare departmental reports, accurately entering treatment details in the Medical Record Chart.
5. Support the Occupational Therapy Director in training and supervising Occupational Therapy Aides and students on clinical rotation at the facility.
6. Participate in Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan review meetings.
7. Contribute to departmental in-service programs upon request.
8. Complete MDS+ assessment forms as required.
9. Manage and inventory supplies, ensuring the area and equipment are well-maintained and sanitized daily.
10. Attend mandatory in-service training programs and departmental meetings.
11. Generate innovative ideas to improve resident care quality or enhance job productivity and satisfaction.
12. Perform additional duties assigned by the Occupational Therapy Director.
13. Adhere to safety rules and regulations to ensure the overall safety of staff, residents, and visitors in the facility.
14. Embrace and uphold the service excellence standards and goals set for this role and the entire staff of the facility.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Hold a valid New York State Department of Education Certification and license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in New York State.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with elderly individuals.
Display tact, diplomacy, and the ability to build positive relationships with residents, staff, and students.
Demonstrate the ability to inspire and motivate others, fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for residents.
Exhibit qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Show competence in supervising departmental staff and ensuring the delivery of high-quality care.
Perform tasks to established standards of excellence.
Manifest a strong commitment to the company's vision and mission, guided by the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
- Hamburg, located in Erie County, New York, is named after the city of Hamburg in Germany. Situated in the western border of the county, Hamburg is a South town adjacent to Buffalo. Its strategic location allows for convenient access to Niagara Falls, Canada (30 minutes), Rochester, NY (1.25 hours), and Syracuse, NY (2.50 hours).