Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – COTA
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA
- Location: North Creek, NY (Adirondacks region of NYS)
- Type: Direct Hire
- Opportunity for New OTA Program Graduates
- Permanent or Travel Position
- Full-Time Availability
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility. The schedule includes rotating weekdays with some weekend and holiday shifts required.
- The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) play a vital role in promoting the health and well-being of residents by administering occupational therapy treatments developed and recommended by a licensed Occupational Therapist. Applicants must hold a valid certification in New York State.
1. Collaborate with the Occupational Therapy Director to plan, develop, and implement treatment programs and procedures for residents.
2. Assist in creating mentally and physically stimulating group therapy programs for residents, as well as preparing and delivering individual and group projects tailored to meet the needs of residents with cognitive, visual, auditory, and physical impairments.
3. Document observations of resident behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
4. Maintain accurate attendance records and other departmental reports, and enter treatment records in the Medical Record Chart.
5. Support the Occupational Therapy Director in training and supervising Occupational Therapy Aides and students completing their clinical experience at the facility.
6. Participate in Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan review meetings.
7. Assist in conducting departmental in-service programs upon request.
8. Complete MDS+ assessment forms as required.
9. Keep track of supplies inventory and ensure the cleanliness and regular maintenance of equipment in the assigned area.
10. Attend mandatory in-service training programs and departmental meetings.
11. Generate and develop ideas to enhance the quality of care for residents and improve job productivity and satisfaction.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Occupational Therapy Director.
13. Adhere to safety rules and practices to protect the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
14. Uphold the service excellence standards and goals established for this position and the facility.
New York State Department of Education Certification and license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in New York State are required.
Ability to establish positive rapport with residents and enjoy working with elderly individuals is necessary.
Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and the ability to build strong relationships with residents, staff, and students.
Show motivation and the capability to inspire others, creating a warm and welcoming environment for residents.
Possess the qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Skilled in supervising departmental staff and maintaining high standards of care.
Ability to perform tasks with excellence.
Demonstrate a commitment to the company's vision and mission by upholding the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
ABOUT THE AREA:North Creek, NY is a destination for year-round fun in the Adirondacks! This Alpine Village offers breathtaking scenery and a wide range of entertainment options, including tubing, cross country and downhill skiing, ice climbing, shopping, dining, hiking, biking, and more. It is home to one of the top family-friendly alpine skiing centers in the Northeast, Gore Mountain. North Creek is conveniently located:
- 4 hours to Rochester, New York
- 4 hours to New York City
- 5 hours to Niagara Falls
- 3 hours to Watertown
- 4 hours to Kingston, Canada