CMM Programmer / Quality Inspector
The position of Quality Assurance Engineer is available in Orlando, FL. The main responsibility of the role is to perform a variety of inspection procedures to ensure the quality of products at different stages of production. This includes inspecting in-process and finished parts and subassemblies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsibly program, set up, and operate CMM Machines.
- Measure dimensions such as length, height, and distance between reference points to ensure the product meets specifications.
- Refer to blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
- Conduct dimensional and visual inspections of manufactured parts and assemblies according to engineered drawings.
- Complete all documentation required for receiving inspections.
- Sign out tools and in-process sheets for the setup of jobs.
- Perform first article inspections.
- Conduct random inspections throughout the day.
- Immediately report any problems to the Quality Supervisor for coordination.
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Strong mechanical skills and capacity
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proficiency in mathematical skills, especially in shop math
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present numerical data and interpret written information
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment, and involve appropriate people in decision-making processes
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality by ensuring accuracy and thoroughness in work
- Complete work in a timely manner and work quickly