Control Systems Project Manager
Control Systems Project Leader – Portland, Oregon
A dynamic systems integrator in Portland, Oregon, is currently seeking a talented and experienced Control Systems Project Manager to join their team.
Tired of bureaucracy and micromanagement? Burned out from excessive travel? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What do you need to know if you’re interested in this role?
If you have three to five years of experience and are familiar with the Water/Wastewater industry and controls integration, you may be just who we're looking for. Here are the fundamentals. But keep reading to discover the unique advantages of this position!
- Project management – Effective Communication, Coordination, Collaboration, and Documentation
- Interact with clients throughout the entire project life cycle, using multiple communication channels such as emails, phone calls, and onsite meetings to relay technical and non-technical updates.
- Keep management informed of project schedule, budget, and any potential issues.
- Coordinate with the CAD department to ensure optimal design and electrical schematics for control panels.
- Collaborate with the Project Assistant and Project Coordinator to create and deliver relevant project data, panel layout, and electrical schematic submittals.
- Maintain close collaboration with our internal panel shop, addressing any queries related to panels.
- Work closely with the team to monitor project budget and schedule, promptly investigating and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Review and comprehend technical documents to get a comprehensive understanding of project scope, integration requirements, and budget. This includes both internal bid documents and external contract plans and specifications.
- Obtain purchase orders and place material orders as required.
- Draft and submit requests for information (RFIs).
- Create detailed control system sequence of operation manuals.
- Knowledge of the Application Process
- Develop and maintain proficiency in control panels, PLCs, VFDs, SCADA, P&IDs, and related devices.
- Ensure version control of PLC/HMI/VFD programs.
- Apply design knowledge and best practices to select appropriate part numbers for components that meet integration requirements across various projects.
- Identify, draft, and submit change orders following company procedures.
- Prepare project documentation, including test forms and instrument calibration sheets.
- Conduct operational readiness test procedures.
- Perform performance verification test procedures and factory acceptance test procedures (FAT).
- Maintain updated field redlines during onsite work.
- Earned Technical/Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with PLC and HMI Programming
- Understanding of control panel design and testing, including point-to-point testing and in-shop witness FAT tests with customers
- Knowledge of MCCs / motor control circuits
- Experience in instrumentation setup, calibration, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of communication networks (ethernet, routers, VPNs, network switch management, etc.)
- Knowledge of radio communication telemetry systems