The role of an Automation Engineer is to provide support and enhance the automation systems in a plant. This position involves troubleshooting manufacturing issues, optimizing system performance, and analyzing plant data. The Automation Engineer collaborates closely with engineering and operations teams to develop control system specifications for plant expansion projects.
- Perform maintenance duties for control and networking systems, including preventive, routine, and emergency tasks.
- Assist in selecting appropriate plant equipment and control needs.
- Supervise external control vendors, ensuring clear work requirements and timely delivery.
- Develop and modify programs to maintain effective plant processes.
- Create user-friendly HMI graphics and process diagrams.
- Establish control system standards, including maintenance plans for aging or problematic equipment.
- Manage controls cabinets and ensure documentation and proper maintenance.
- Collaborate with IT network engineers to optimize controls network communications and minimize performance or security issues.
- Work closely with IT to address security risks and promote best practices.
- Ensure availability of spare parts for control systems to minimize downtime risks.
- Maintain licenses and support for controls software and hardware.
· Preferably a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience in controls or automation.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in controls engineering, preferably in a food, beverage, or dairy processing plant.
· Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, related components, and Logix programming.
· Proficiency in HMI development tools such as Factory Talk View, Aveva InTouch, and related systems.
· In-depth knowledge of automation technologies, control system design, and troubleshooting methodologies.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required for effective collaboration with internal teams and external resources