The company, established in the early 1990s, has experienced significant growth over the past 7 years, increasing annual revenue from $300 million to over $2 billion. During this time, they have consistently completed at least 4 acquisitions per year. In their industry, there are thousands of businesses with revenues ranging from $50 million to $100 million, indicating that the company is likely to continue its M&A activity in the future.
Reason for the need of this role:
· The substantial growth, with over $1 billion in sales growth in the past 5 years, has created a need for additional expertise in financial reporting.
· The company has recently reorganized its business units and expects further M&A activity. They require someone to collaborate with operational and financial leaders in developing the next generation of financial reporting.
· Due to their transactional nature, the controller will have the opportunity to work on M&A projects.
· Working as a controller in this PE-backed operating company offers all the benefits of a fast-paced, sophisticated working environment with access to capital, without the downsides typically associated with private equity (they have an unlimited hold period and focus on longer-term value creation).
Within the first 90 days:
· The new controller will collaborate with the Finance Leadership team to establish a roadmap towards achieving world-class financial reporting for operations leaders.
Profiles of potential candidates:
· Managers/Senior Managers with experience in public accounting or consulting firms.
· This role is ideal for individuals looking to transition out of professional services. The majority of the company's finance and executive teams have backgrounds in the Big 4 firms.