Cost Accounting Manager
Senior Cost Analyst
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 + Bonus
Relocation Assistance Available
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Cost Analyst to join our team at a multi-location heavy manufacturing company with a revenue of over $500 million. As a Senior Cost Analyst, you will be responsible for revamping our entire cost system and applying cost principles to analyze and prepare cost closings. This is a critical role that will contribute to the financial success of the company.
- Track high-level inventory balances by conducting a daily inventory roll forward.
- Prepare inventory workpapers for the weekly borrowing base.
- Assist in setting up monthly standard costs.
- Analyze inventory information and document inventory transactions by preparing entries to GL Inventory accounts.
- Conduct cost of goods sold analysis as part of the month-end close.
- Perform labor and overhead analysis and capitalize variances on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate closely with the Inventory Control team to monitor, track, and improve inventory accuracy.
- Analyze variances such as purchase price to cost variance, cost revaluation, and invoice to PO price variances.
- Ensure accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM) and understand the impact of cost reduction on financials.
- Maintain process integrity with manufacturing and inventory, resolving process issues in partnership with cross-functional peers.
- Establish strong relationships with manufacturing and accounting peers to address information reporting needs.
- Prepare accounting schedules regularly and as needed for internal and external reporting requirements.