DIRECTOR OF CANCER SERVICES
CANCER CARE DIRECTOR POSITION
Competitive Salary + Sign-On Bonus + Relocation Assistance
Los Angeles CA
This position is responsible for overseeing various aspects of cancer care, including outpatient facilities, imaging centers, infusion centers, and radiation oncology services. The director will collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure the highest quality of care for patients, while adhering to licensing and regulatory standards. Reporting to the hospital's COO, the director must demonstrate leadership, responsiveness to patients, and responsiveness to physicians' needs.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
In collaboration with radiation oncologists and referring oncologists, the director will provide leadership to the Oncology Service line. This includes managing technologists, physicists, dosimetrists, and other team members.
Ensure adherence to quality and safety guidelines set forth by ACR and ASTRO. Develop and implement action plans to improve outcomes and report progress to relevant hospital committees.
Prepare the Cancer Center for surveys and ensure accreditation requirements are met.
Maintain a quality control program in consultation with the medical physicist.
Update policies in accordance with regulatory guidelines and agency recommendations.
Oversee the implementation of new equipment for radiation oncology services.
Manage maintenance and service contracts for the service line.
Monitor employee compliance with radiation exposure requirements.
Ensure financial performance of the service line, including labor and resource management.
Collaborate with other hospital departments to coordinate the care of cancer patients throughout the facility.
Provide education and support to inpatient nurses caring for cancer patients.
Manage MQSA status for the mammo program in collaboration with radiology leaders.
Work with the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure proper management of radioactive materials.
Maintain a safe environment for patients, staff, and families.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, or related field. Master's in Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred.
- Five years of supervisory experience in Radiation Therapy or previous experience as a Director in Radiation Therapy.
- Strong clinical background.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective leadership philosophies.
- Proficiency in computer and software programs, fax machines, copiers, calculators, and Excel.
- Required: Master's Degree in Health Administration or 5 years of experience in a management role.
- Required: Master's in Health Administration or 5 years in a management role.
- Experience in Oncology management.
Competitive salary and benefits package including a matching 401(k), multiple health and dental plans, tuition assistance, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $165,000.00 - $235,000.00 per year
- 401(k) with matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance