Director of Non-Profit Fundraising/Development
Our organization is dedicated to providing aid and support to individuals facing homelessness and related challenges. For over seven decades, we have been serving the Pittsburgh community and have been recognized with the esteemed Best Christian Workplace award
We are currently in search of a Philanthropy Director to lead our fundraising efforts and continue our successful track record of expanding budgets and completing a $24 million capital campaign. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and persuasive skills, as well as adaptability. With a seasoned team and a 4-Star Rating by Charity Navigator, this growing nonprofit offers an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
As the Philanthropy Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategies for fundraising, marketing, event coordination, and volunteer programs.
· Establish, guide, and oversee the Development Team's objectives and processes.
· This position will provide supervision to the Development Manager, Senior Marketing Manager, Event Manager, and Volunteer Experience Specialist, ensuring their success and maximizing their contributions.
· Represent the organization at various events, churches, businesses, and community organizations across the city.
· Share the media representation responsibilities with other stakeholders.
· Develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term fundraising plan to increase philanthropic support for our organization.
· Demonstrate a good understanding of and provide input into marketing, communications, event management, and volunteer engagement initiatives.
Donor & Prospect Management
· Maintain a personal portfolio of approximately 75-150 major and planned gift prospects, ensuring regular contact with prospects and volunteers and allocating 50%-65% of time to direct fundraising efforts.
· Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, facilitate or make solicitations, and provide effective stewardship for donors.
· Conduct a minimum of 75-100 face-to-face visits with prospects and donors annually, and participate in approximately 15 - 30 solicitations per year, ranging from $10K to $250K or more.
· Assess prospects, gather data, and develop strategies to fully realize the potential of individual donors.
· Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues in Programs and Administration to ensure effective collaboration in achieving fundraising goals and objectives.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum of five years of experience in fundraising, sales and marketing, or public relations.
Strong judgment, diplomacy, and commitment to confidentiality.
Track record of successfully raising capital, program support, and endowment gifts.
Proven ability to thrive in a multifaceted development environment.
Superior written and verbal communication skills with a personable and professional demeanor.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). • Internet access is required.
Experience with CRM software such as Raiser's Edge or Salesforce is a plus.