Director of Rehabilitation – PT or OT
Director of Rehabilitation -
- Direct Hire.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience. (100k - 120k)
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Tupper Lake, NY
- The Rehabilitation Director is responsible for overseeing the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts. They also play a key role in hiring, orientating, and training staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides. In addition, the director participates in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation while maintaining a clinical caseload of at least 35% productivity. They are also responsible for addressing clinical, fiscal, and customer service outcomes, and taking action to rectify underperformance.
- Evaluate each resident's rehabilitation potential through a comprehensive screening and assessment process. Develop written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Ensure residents or their representatives are well-informed about the care and treatment plan, including potential outcomes if the resident declines therapy.
- Create and implement individualized treatment plans based on physician orders and rehabilitation goals. Maintain regular communication with the physician.
- Oversee the completion of evaluations, progress notes, care plans, and discharge summaries for residents receiving physical therapy, adhering to state, federal, and facility policies.
- Regularly review each resident's progress to assess the need for adjustments in the rehabilitation aspect of their care plan.
- Collaborate with the inter-disciplinary healthcare team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Display a genuine interest in working with the elderly and consistently uphold the rights of residents during all care and treatment services.
- Applicants must hold a professional license as an Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist, obtained through an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree.
- A specific license to practice in the state is mandatory.
- Strong leadership qualities, the ability to inspire and motivate others, and excellent organizational skills are necessary. Delegation and promotion of teamwork are also important.
- About the area:
Tupper Lake, New York offers a captivating blend of rolling hills, majestic mountains, fresh air, and pristine lakes. The community is brimming with character and charm. Even in the downtown area, nature is never far away. Visitors can indulge in freshly made donuts or purchase unique Adirondack souvenirs. Venture a little farther out and discover a wonderland of autumnal beauty and numerous hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts. The Tupper Lake Triad hiking challenge provides a year-round opportunity to conquer fire tower peaks and soak in breathtaking views of the Adirondacks. Watersport enthusiasts can explore the joys of paddling and fishing in the local lakes. Moreover, Tupper Lake boasts some of the darkest skies in the Northeast, making it a premier destination for stargazing. From delectable dining options to the renowned Raquette River Brewing, the downtown area offers an enticing array of local flavors and enticing shops.