Director, Retail Sales Operations
The position available is for a Retail Sales Operations Manager in Nashville, TN. The main responsibility of this role is to oversee a team and streamline operations within our retail stores and corporate system. The goal is to maximize sales effectiveness and ensure engagement among gallery managers and associates.
The essential functions and key responsibilities of this role include:
· LAUNCHING NEW FACILITIES AND TRANSFORMING EXISTING ONES – Assist in the development and implementation of innovative operational processes, tools, and practices. Integrate "lean operating principles and standards" into the Retail Operations Team's services.
· SALES – Develop, analyze, and distribute various sales reports and information to support management and field staff in achieving sales, margin, and EBITDA goals.
· INVENTORY – Coordinate, develop, and provide forecasting, stock levels, distribution, reports, physical inventory management, exit strategies, loss prevention, etc. for the Retail Division.
· BANKING – Develop and enforce banking processes for the Retail Division. Collaborate with banks and internal departments to reduce costs and minimize risks.
· INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Develop, test, and maintain Point of Sale hardware, software, and back-office systems for the Retail Division.
· MARKETING – Support the development, testing, and maintenance of the Customer Relationship Module and Loyalty Program for the Retail Division.
· EDUCATION – Assist in the development, testing, and maintenance of the ELearning System for the Retail Division. Create and deliver trainings on operations, systems, procedures, etc. for Retail Staff and Management as needed.
· ACCOUNTING – Develop, maintain, update, and distribute reports as requested by the Accounting department for the Retail Division. Facilitate end of month processes with accounting during audits.
· POLICY & PROCEDURES – Create, review, update, and implement Policies and Procedures for the Retail Division as needed.
· REPORTING – Develop, review, and distribute reports for all departments within the Retail Division as required.
· COMMUNICATION – Effectively communicate policies, updates, changes, and operations to Retail Stores and Management in a clear and concise manner throughout the Retail Division.
· SUPPORT—Provide first line support to the Retail Stores as needed by being available to answer phones during all retail open hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: The essential requirements listed above are meant to be a guide. The ideal candidate for the Dealer and Retail Sales Operations department should possess a diverse range of skills and expertise to support retail operations. It would be advantageous to have one team member knowledgeable in forecasting, inventory turnover, and controls, as well as someone well-versed in banking regulations and licensing requirements. Additionally, a solid understanding of data flow, POS systems, report writing, and programming would also be valuable assets within the team.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a passion for intellectual curiosity
● Experience in leading cross-functional teams
● Collaborative approach and excellent listening skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex ideas
● Executive presence
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This role primarily operates in a typical office environment, but there may be a need to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands of this job include communicating effectively with employees through various forms of technology like telephones and computers. The employee may need to move around the office occasionally to access file cabinets, meeting rooms, copier/printer, etc. The ability to remain stationary for 50% of the time is also necessary. Additionally, the employee may need to occasionally lift and reposition products like sewing machines weighing up to 50 pounds.