Electrical Design Engineer – Automated Machinery
Job Title: Automated Machinery Electrical Engineer
Location: Evansville, IN
An innovative and thriving OEM in the Evansville area is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer/Designer to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing intricate control systems and architecture from scratch, as well as generating detailed schematics using CAD software. The successful candidate will oversee the specifications and implementation of all electrical components, ensuring the overall electrical layout, safety, and design of complex automation systems.
Why Join Our Team?
- Be a part of a growing and well-established business that has been operating successfully for over five decades.
- Enjoy excellent compensation, including 401k matching, ensuring your financial future is secure.
- Benefit from flexible work hours, allowing you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Take advantage of paid vacation, holidays, and personal days to rest and rejuvenate.
- Access great benefits with low premiums on health insurance, so you can take care of your well-being.
- Participate in fun and engaging company-wide events held on a quarterly basis.
- Expand your skills through in-house technical training programs designed to enhance your professional growth.
- Refine and modify designs, utilizing working models, to align with customer specifications, production limitations, or design changes.
- Engage in discussions with engineering teams, technicians, or customers to assess and evaluate design modifications.
- Present design proposals and reports to customers or design committees, seeking approval and discussing potential modifications if required.
- Evaluate the feasibility of design ideas based on factors such as appearance, safety, functionality, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Stay updated with industry trends by reading publications, attending showings, and studying competing products, design styles, and motifs, to gain perspective and generate innovative design concepts.
- Conduct comprehensive research on production specifications, costs, production materials, and manufacturing methods, providing accurate cost estimates and detailed production requirements.
- Create clear and precise prints from the assembly process for efficient execution.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or possess equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of design experience, specifically with electrical power distribution systems, lighting, optics, and vision systems (DVT, Keyence).
- Demonstrate proficiency in CAD Software, especially in panel layouts, electrical schematics, and circuit schedules (EPLAN preferred).
- Possess experience working with PC operating systems.
- Display strong technical writing skills.
- Showcase expertise in troubleshooting machinery.
- Must have a solid understanding and practical application of NEC, NFPA, and ISO machine design and safety standards.
- Exhibit the ability to translate specifications and written outlines into operating machinery.