Electrical Engineer II (PCB)
Our client, located in the vicinity of Portsmouth, NH, is a well-established and reputable manufacturer in their industry with a history spanning over 250 years. Renowned for their commitment to quality and innovation, they are the preferred brand in the market. With a workforce of over 3,000 employees spread across 12 locations, they have established a strong presence in the industry.
Joining this company comes with numerous benefits, including a competitive salary with bonus, immediate 401k match with vesting, excellent employee benefits, a discount program, and opportunities for professional growth. This position requires in-office work.
As an Electrical Engineer II specialized in PCB Design, you will be responsible for the development of electrical system designs for new products and enhancements for existing products. This role requires sound engineering judgment and the ability to present analysis summaries supporting design decisions. You will have the opportunity to contribute to both R&D projects and the development of cutting-edge technologies.
Working in the R&D department, this intermediate-level position is suitable for electrical engineers holding a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, along with relevant work experience. Within a collaborative environment, you will interact with Electrical Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, and Test Technicians. Cooperation with other departments, including manufacturing, QC, and assembly, is expected.
- Design innovative electrical components and assemblies using Altium in accordance with product requirements.
- Create and review Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) layout drawings in Altium, conducting tolerance analysis on components and assemblies where necessary.
- Manage PCBA layout, drawings, and sub-systems through the PLM system.
- Collaborate within a team on R&D projects to meet cost targets and delivery deadlines.
- Perform tests, analyze test data, and develop test reports to ensure that designs and processes meet functional and performance specifications.
- Ensure electrical systems and sub-systems are manufacturable.
- Develop a strong understanding of manufacturing principles and assembly procedures to evaluate new or modified products.
- Access technical information, such as process records, schematic drawings, SOP's, prototype, and fixture drawings, to support product design operations.
- Provide technical assistance to component and tooling suppliers and assist production in identifying root causes of manufacturing issues to maintain production schedules.
- Conduct numerical simulations, such as MultiSIM, Proteus, CircuitLOGIX, and XSPICE analysis, as required.
- Actively participate in the company's NPI process (New Product Introduction).
- Engage in and volunteer for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Participate in and uphold 5S Standards.
- Adhere to all required safety and ISO procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an electrical engineer; 5 years preferred.
- Demonstrated PCB Design experience using Altium.
- Advanced proficiency in software programs such as LabView, Arduino, Visual Studio, and C/C++ development environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Combination of theoretical coursework and practical experience in electrical engineering design.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in schematic, mathematical, or diagram form.
- Understanding of supplier capabilities and processes in the manufacture of components and PCBA fabrication to required specifications.
- Ability to write reports and procedures effectively and present information to team members and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and implement viable solutions.
- Residence within a reasonable commuting distance to Newington, NH, or willingness to relocate with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The salary offered within the range will depend on the level of experience and other factors.