Job Title: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Executive Director, together with the Board and the dedicated team, will have a significant role in formulating and executing a Strategic Plan that sets the direction for a cleaner, safer, and more appealing Allegheny County. This position will be responsible for promoting community involvement, eradicating illegal dumping, securing necessary funding, and guiding the staff towards fulfilling the mission of this non-profit while maintaining efficient operations.
1. Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the Board and the team to establish a forward-thinking Strategic Plan that defines the organization's approach in achieving a cleaner, safer, and more sustainable Allegheny County.
2. Community Engagement: Work closely with communities to empower and engage residents in the mission to eliminate illegal dumping throughout Allegheny County.
3. Fundraising: Lead efforts to raise the necessary funds to meet the organization's revenue targets and facilitate its growth according to the strategic plan.
4. Team Leadership: Establish and lead a competent team by recruiting, retaining, and motivating high-quality staff. Provide development opportunities and delegate authority to foster a sense of ownership of the organization's mission.
5. Staff Evaluation: Evaluate staff performance and ensure fair compensation and benefits.
6. Succession Planning: Implement and oversee a comprehensive plan for leadership, staff, and Board succession to ensure the organization's continued growth and long-term success.
7. Board Development: Collaborate with the Governance Committee to recruit qualified Directors and Advisors, aiming for a diverse and effective Board to maximize potential.
8. Leadership Development: Provide ongoing opportunities for Directors and staff to enhance their leadership skills, contribute to fundraising efforts, and raise awareness of the mission.
9. Volunteer Engagement: Work with the staff to attract and retain a dedicated group of volunteers to support and advocate for the organization's mission.
10. Policy and Procedure Compliance: Ensure that staff and volunteers operate in accordance with approved policies and procedures, as outlined in published guidelines and legal documentation.
11. Communication: Effectively communicate policies, procedures, legal documents, meeting agendas, minutes, and other essential information to facilitate the organization's efficient governance.
12. External Representation: Act as a representative when interacting with external organizations, funders, government agencies, educational institutions, shelters, and other relevant entities.
13. Financial Oversight: Oversee financial activities to meet budgetary targets and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, with regular reporting to the Board.
14. Stakeholder Engagement: Effectively communicate the goals, purpose, and programs of the mission to partners, stakeholders, news media, and other potential audiences.
· Strong leadership and management skills.
· A commitment to Equity and Diversity as guiding principles for leadership decisions and actions.
· A dedication to community engagement and environmental conservation.
· Demonstrated success in fundraising and financial management.
· Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
· Excellent communication and public relations skills.
· Knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred).
· Current or recent resident of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Our client is committed to fostering a workplace that values diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusion. They believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce leads to greater innovation, creativity, and better decision-making.
They are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. They actively seek candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and strive to ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment process.
They aim to create an environment where every individual, regardless of their background, feels valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is not only part of their values but also a driving force behind their organizational success.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position and join us in the journey to create a workplace that reflects diversity.