Facilities Manager – Heavy Industry
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Facilities Manager / Sr. Mechanical Engineer for our client, an International Manufacturer specializing in carbon and graphite products. The position is located near Nashville, TN and will involve leading capital equipment projects to upgrade the entire plant.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced facilities manager with a strong mechanical engineering background to oversee significant investment projects within a growing manufacturing operation. The role offers long-term career stability and a variety of technical challenges, as well as high visibility within the company.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens due to involvement in U.S. Defense Department projects, subject to ITAR Rules.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is a requirement. While other engineering degrees may be considered, mechanical engineering aptitude is crucial for this position.
- Candidates must possess 10 – 20 years of engineering experience.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years of capital project experience ($5 - $10 million) is necessary, including a demonstrated ability to track projects from design to execution.
- Experience supervising engineers and project managers is required.
- Applicants must have experience in contract review and negotiation.
- Experience with commercial projects is necessary.
- The ability to read and interpret detailed schematics, drawings, and specifications for equipment and utilities (P&ID and equipment drawings) is essential.
- Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills, including root cause analysis training, are required.
- Demonstrated participation in problem solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement objectives is expected.
- Experience in plant/facility maintenance support and work order and maintenance systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of plant maintenance systems such as boilers and power distribution is advantageous.