The Site Technician plays a crucial role in the project operations team. As a key member, their primary responsibility is to provide support to project staff, Superintendents, and Foreman in ensuring that all assigned craft-work is well-planned, efficient, fully understood, and properly documented. It is essential for the Site Technician to effectively communicate with craft supervision, owners, vendors, subcontractors, and other project team members.
- Collaborate with engineering staff to identify and select material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in and contribute to daily and weekly safety meetings.
- Manage quantities and perform necessary quantity takeoffs.
- Coordinate the procurement and scheduling of subcontractors and materials.
- Supervise subcontractors and suppliers with the assistance of staff, superintendents, and foremen.
- Assist in the development of work plans alongside project engineers, superintendents, and foremen. Continuously monitor work plans.
- Ensure accurate quantity and cost reporting, promptly sharing results with superintendents and foremen.
- Support the pricing process of change orders as needed.
- Participate in the project's document control process.
- Maintain an accurate record set of project drawings and specifications.
- Contribute to the project close out process.
- Prepare final quantities for cost reports and final quantities and payment from the owner.
- Create as-built drawings.
- Ensure the turnover of all required documents to the owner.
- Carry out miscellaneous duties and tasks as necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess 1-3 years of recent experience in heavy highway, road, and bridge construction (previous internship with a heavy civil contractor preferred)
- Experience working on medium to large projects ($10M+)
- Preferably hold a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team