Full Stack Developer & Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Principal I Software Engineer - Full Performance
Our company is actively seeking a skilled Software Engineer to join our diverse technology team in Dulles, VA. As a Principal I Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities within a U.S. Government mission critical program. This program aims to address emerging threats and introduce new cyber capabilities to enhance the network operations environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by contributing to both full stack development projects and utilizing your expertise in Kubernetes to optimize our containerized applications. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team and help drive our mission forward.
1. Full Stack Development
a. Develop, enhance, and maintain both front-end and back-end components of web applications.
b. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and refine software requirements.
c. Write high-quality, scalable, and efficient code.
d. Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure software quality.
e. Identify and resolve software defects and issues.
2. Kubernetes Platform Engineering
a. Implement and follow security best practices for Kubernetes environments.
b. Monitor and optimize pod performance, scalability, and resource utilization.
c. Automate deployment and scaling of containerized applications.
d. Provide troubleshooting expertise for Kubernetes-related issues.
3. Collaboration and Documentation
a. Work closely with DevOps, infrastructure, and development teams to ensure seamless integration.
b. Document changes, processes, and best practices related to code and infrastructure.
c. Participate in knowledge sharing and provide mentorship to fellow team members.
d. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
• U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and DHS Suitability.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant software development experience.
• Proficiency in Java, Python, and NodeJS programming languages.
• Strong knowledge of front-end and back-end frameworks.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes for containerization.
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and version control systems.
• Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, etc.
• Prior experience in leading software development teams.
• Experience developing performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for large-scale programs.
• Familiarity with cloud computing, multimedia storage, knowledge databases, and data-mining analytics.
• Proficient in Agile development methodology.
• Experience with Linux and/or Unix operating systems.
• Experience with Jenkins and/or CloudBees.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration abilities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving technology environment.
• Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
• Experience with Argo CD.
• Familiarity with STIX and TAXII specifications.
• A Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline is required. (Ten years of experience can be substituted for a degree.)
• DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I.
• Agile software development methodology certification (e.g., SCRUM Master).