Hemodialysis RN – In-Center
Join our team as an In-Center RN in Louisville, KY!
We are seeking a compassionate and skilled Hemodialysis Registered Professional Nurse who will provide exceptional care to patients receiving chronic hemodialysis treatment. In this role, you will develop nursing care plans, communicate with healthcare team members, and assist in research studies.
As an In-Center RN, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the unit management team to achieve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction, staff development, and overall business success. You will also play a key role in supporting and implementing the philosophy and policies of our organization.
- Delivering safe and effective age-specific patient care, following facility procedures and regulations
- Performing a variety of technical skills related to hemodialysis treatment and emergency procedures
- Working with diverse patients and staff, regardless of background or belief
- Obtaining, transcribing, and implementing physician's orders accurately
- Initiating, monitoring, and discontinuing dialysis treatments according to established procedures
- Assessing, prioritizing, and addressing emergent and non-emergent patient care needs
- Providing patient and family education and training opportunities
- Maintaining a safe environment through infection control precautions and sanitation procedures
- Participating in the formulation and revision of nursing care plans
- Collaborating with other departments and following hospital policies and procedures
- Continuing evaluation and provision of individualized patient care, including home visits and appointments
- Assisting with safe operation, disinfection, and inventory control of equipment
- Ordering supplies and maintaining supply inventory in a cost-effective manner
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new staff
- Acting as a resource person and assisting in continuous quality improvement projects
- Maintaining positive relationships with healthcare professionals and staff members
- Pursuing personal and professional growth opportunities, including ongoing training
- Completing assigned projects and duties as directed by the Director of Nursing
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, with a preference for a Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field
- Approximately one year of nursing experience
- Current state licensure
- Hemodialysis experience is desirable
- ICU/CCU experience is preferred
- Successful completion of hemodialysis training course
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation for business travel, if applicable
- Computer knowledge is desirable
- Current CPR Healthcare Recognition certification
If you are a dedicated and skilled nurse seeking a rewarding career in hemodialysis, apply now to join our team!
Machines / Equipment:
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining knowledge and proficiency in the use of various hemodialysis and related equipment. This includes reuse equipment, water treatment equipment, computers, hemodialysis machines, sphygmomanometers, conductivity meters, glucometers, scales, electronic thermometers, centrifuges, EKG machines, IV infusion pumps, code carts, suction machines, oxygen administration equipment, and personal protective equipment.