Human Resource Manager
Job Description: Human Resources Manager
We are collaborating with a Global Tier 1 Auto Manufacturer located just north of Louisville KY (in Southern Indiana) to conduct a search for their HR Manager position.
- Offer HR support, partnership, and guidance to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Lead and execute HR responsibilities, including policy development, analysis of compensation planning, succession planning, recruitment, onboarding, HRIS administration, and employee relations.
- Oversee and resolve employee relations issues, conducting unbiased and thorough investigations.
- Provide data analysis and reporting solutions to address business requirements.
- Collaborate closely with management and employees to enhance work relationships, boost morale, and improve retention rates.
- Serve as a liaison with other HR functions to develop and implement solutions, policies, and programs.
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues and Legal department to implement effective solutions.
- Educate and train subordinates on policies, procedures, reporting, objectives, and controls. Evaluate and develop subordinate members.
- Develop and monitor departmental goals and targets.
- Prepare and oversee department budget and manage expenditure of funds within the budget.
- Educate employees on company policies and procedures.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Oversee company events, public relation activities, and initiatives to boost employee morale.
- Handle challenging staffing duties, including managing understaffing, mediating disputes, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and harassment, and recommend necessary changes.
- Plan and facilitate new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
Required Skills and Abilities
· At least 5 years of progressive experience in HR, with exposure to all major HR areas.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and foster positive working relationships.
· Ability to lead, mentor, and provide guidance to employees within HR and other departments, in alignment with HR and legal policies.
· Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel and Power Point, along with the ability to adapt to new technologies.
· Knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to utilize them effectively as tools to promote the organization.
· Ability to think creatively and develop and implement innovative ideas for the benefit of employees and the company.
§ Preferred: BS/BA degree in Human Resources or a related field (experience is also considered.)
§ Valued but not required: Professional certifications such as SPHR/PHR.