The Manufacturing Engineer will provide support to a production facility and is responsible for assisting in the development of production operation time standards, tracking cost and schedule performance at the part level, establishing efficiency calculations, conducting capacity/manpower assessments, creating production layouts and process flows, implementing cost reduction initiatives, and leading other process improvement activities. The position may be located at either the Exeter or Newington, NH production facility.
WHO YOU WILL COLLABORATE WITH:
Our client is a well-established manufacturer with a 250-year history and is a leading provider in their industry. Their brand is renowned for its exceptional quality and innovative solutions, making it the preferred choice! The company has a workforce of over 3,000 employees located across 12 different sites.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
We offer a competitive salary with a bonus structure, a 401k match with immediate vesting, comprehensive benefits, an employee discount, and abundant opportunities for professional growth. This is an on-site position. A relocation package is available!
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Engineers, CNC Programmers, Production Managers, Finance Department, and other Support Teams to refine and enhance various production processes within the division.
- Determine production rate standards and develop methodologies for the machining, testing, and assembly operations.
- Conduct detailed time studies for new and existing production processes, accounting for cycle work, periodic work, and Personal Fatigue and Delay.
- Analyze motion and time studies, line balance, and process flow to identify inefficiencies and implement improvements to work cells, areas, part manufacturing, and processes, aiming to increase throughput and enhance efficiency.
- Research, propose, and implement innovative solutions to address production challenges.
- Consider ergonomic and safety factors in processes and propose appropriate solutions and improvements.
- Implementation of Lean Principles throughout the factory.
- Document and calculate cost savings using established cost analysis tools.
- Develop plant layouts for machining and assembly operations.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain and update router and cycle time data using the Company’s product life cycle database (Agile).
- Provide production floor support to ensure output and quality standards are maintained.
- Serve as a technical leader for production personnel, junior Industrial Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers, providing guidance on production rates, methods, and layouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in using Video Time Study Software such as Timer Pro Professional or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skill in using CAD for plant layouts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in teams, plan, and execute multiple projects with a consistently high level of work quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey complex information.
- Strong organizational abilities for documentation and record keeping.
- Thorough understanding of various concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Ability to rely on expertise and judgment to plan and achieve goals.
- Exhibits a high degree of creativity and autonomy in work.
- Reside within a reasonable commute to Exeter or Newington, NH, OR willing to relocate with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident, able to pass drug screening and criminal background checks.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary will be determined based on level of experience.