JDE Supply Chain business analyst
This position is responsible for the maintenance of business applications and the development of system solutions and process improvements for the IT Organization. As a JDE Supply Chain Analyst, you will provide functional expertise and technical support for the company's ERP and other systems. This hands-on role involves working closely with business users to identify and document processes and requirements, provide functional solutions, and develop system coding to solve complex business problems.
- Comprehend business requirements and effectively communicate the cross-functional impact of requests. Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for approval and development.
- Present new or enhanced processes and development options to the business team based on best practices for development issues.
- Facilitate code development for new functionality and enhancements within the ERP system, based on functional and technical specifications.
- Create test plans and validate program operations through thorough testing and debugging, following change management procedures.
- Adhere to the organization's IT standards and methodology for the development life-cycle.
- Document program development and corrections.
- Conduct end user training on system use, features, and functionality.
- Provide day-to-day support to business users across the organization.
- Assist and manage projects related to business application software implementation.
- Manage IT vendors, including software evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with JDEdwards or other ERP systems.
- Demonstrated success in implementing ERP systems with strong knowledge of functional modules and the software development process.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of business practices and project execution methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project).
- Ability to prioritize project tasks while maintaining a business perspective.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for coordination across all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and a meticulous frame of mind.
- Experience with Oracle's JD Edwards.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries Platform and DB2.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational Databases.
- Familiarity with Insight Software.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or a Master's Degree.