LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE SUPERVISOR
MATERNITY WARD NURSE SUPERVISOR / RN
$110,000-165,000 + Benefits + Bonus
8 Hour Shifts
$20,000 Signing Bonus and Paid relocation
The Supervisor plays a vital role in the leadership and direction of the Maternity Ward, creating a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to patient care that reflects the industry's best practices. Working closely with the Manager, the Supervisor oversees all aspects of the care delivery system and works towards continuously improving the quality of service. This includes developing and implementing the department's operational budget, as well as monitoring performance on a monthly basis.
- Collaborates with the Manager to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the unit.
- Shares accountability with the Manager in providing round-the-clock patient care. Conducts patient rounds to gather insights on care provision and patient satisfaction.
Responsible for daily clinical operations, coordinating patient care delivery in collaboration with the healthcare team, and implementing quality improvement programs within the unit. Utilizes lean principles to address operational issues both within and between departments, striving to achieve the best clinical and operational practices. Recognizes positive outcomes and takes corrective action when necessary. Establishes unit-based goals to deliver high-quality patient care.
- Builds strong relationships with physicians, staff, and peers, communicating effectively.
- Ensures compliance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards in patient care delivery.
- Exercises sound judgment and intervenes appropriately to address patient care issues, based on assignment patterns and patient/family satisfaction from rounding.
- Assists in the hiring and orientation process and collaborates with unit preceptors.
- Demonstrates clinical competence by actively participating in patient care activities to maintain clinical skills.
- Serves as a role model for adherence to departmental standards and attendance at designated meetings.
- Applies critical thinking skills and lean principles to resolve problems within the unit.
- Collaborates with the clinical nurse specialist and/or clinical educator to develop and implement educational programs for all staff levels.
- Effectively delegates and prioritizes tasks.
- When performing duties as a Registered Nurse, assumes all responsibilities outlined in the RN position description.
Applies nursing skills within designated areas/patient care settings and takes responsibility for planning, implementing, or modifying programs/classes as needed. Assesses and evaluates Family Educators' competencies and provides educational opportunities.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
- Hold a valid Washington Registered Nurse License upon hire.
- Hold a National Provider BLS - American Heart Association certification upon hire.
- 2 years of recent experience in Critical Care, demonstrating clinical knowledge and leadership qualities.
- Experience as a Charge Nurse.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a charge nurse or supervisor within a Maternity Ward. Ideally, they will have at least 3 years of leadership experience in this setting. Leadership experience within a maternity ward is a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $110,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance