Landfill Operations Manager
Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility Manager
Kettleman City, CA
$100,000 - $125,000 per year + Full Benefits + Bonus
*** Relocation assistance provided***
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a single or multiple landfill sites, while establishing and maintaining performance metrics and cost management processes.
Manages and supervises the operational activities of a Municipal Solid Waste landfill and a hazardous waste landfill. The ideal candidate should have experience in the following areas:
- Leadership of frontline heavy equipment operators
- Preferably, experience in hazardous waste treatment and disposal
- Manage and support district operations to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Analyze and improve processes, procedures, and performance based on budget and operating metrics.
- Implement strategic capital budget for the market, ensuring efficient asset allocation and optimal asset disposal.
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, and other safety standards and regulations.
- Conduct thorough investigations of all incidents and injuries, providing consistent discipline and retraining as needed.
- Oversee personnel needs, including recruitment, coaching, disciplinary actions, and training.
- Collaborate with Market Area General Manager and/or Director of Operations to establish short-term and long-term goals and action plans.
- Participate in regular P&L reviews to achieve budget targets; develop and implement programs to optimize equipment utilization and maintenance, as well as labor and material costs.
- Liaise with local city, municipal, and county agencies to enhance customer satisfaction, improve operational efficiency, negotiate contracts, and renew existing contracts.
- Engage suppliers in problem-solving and provide feedback on supplier surveys to drive supplier improvement processes.
- Reduce reliance on one-time suppliers by collaborating with Supplier Partners.
- Resolve employee relation and labor relation issues in collaboration with functional groups.
- Directly supervise a team of 10 full-time employees.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited), or High School Diploma or GED (accredited) with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in a supervisory role with P&L responsibility (in addition to educational requirement).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- RCRA Certification
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour) Certification
- Training in various environmental regulations including RCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Toxic Substance Control Act, Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System, Occupational Safety & Health Act, and Hazardous Waste Transportation Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance