We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Chief Field Operations Manager to join our growing team in Portland, OR. Our General Contractor specializes in multi-family residential projects, including ground-up construction and tenant improvements. As the Senior/Lead Superintendent, you will play a crucial role in overseeing complex projects and ensuring their successful completion.
We prefer candidates with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Multi-Family / Mixed-Use commercial construction, particularly on projects with a budget of $100 million or more. It is important that you have a strong background in working with all trades/subcontractors and can effectively manage their activities.
Proficiency in Procore is highly preferred, as well as a willingness to learn and adapt to various other construction software applications. In this role, you will be responsible for managing labor and equipment costs, maintaining a safe working environment, and continuously seeking ways to improve work methods and materials.
This position offers a competitive salary range of $110,000 -$140,000 per year, dependent on experience, and includes great benefits.
The Chief Field Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Efficiently employing job labor and equipment, keeping costs to a minimum and ensuring the project remains within budget. Adequate supervision of job labor is essential.
- Maintaining safe working conditions on the job site, in compliance with government safety standards, and enforcing the company's safety program and policies.
- Investigating and recommending improvements to work methods and materials.
- Providing necessary information to the Project Assistant for accurate and timely submittal updates and cost projections.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with owners, architects, consulting engineers, and other stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and a high level of credibility and confidence.
- Managing subcontractor crews and scheduling workflows to ensure efficient progress.
- Establishing and maintaining equitable relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring their performance meets requirements.
Specific Responsibilities after Project Commencement
- Preparing initial concrete form design to facilitate ordering of required forming items.
- Coordinating the tilt wall panel lay-down plan with concrete subcontractors and erectors to minimize disruption and damage.
- Locating and arranging for necessary utilities, temporary facilities, and services.
- Evaluating equipment usage alternatives and making informed purchases.
- Determining work crew sizes and time requirements for construction labor activities.
- Analyzing cost reports and alerting the Project Manager to any errors or omissions.
- Ensuring compliance with contract and contract documents.
- Reviewing shop drawings to ensure proper specifications and sizing of fabricated materials.
- Assisting the Project Manager in estimating changes and verifying subcontractor claims.
Project Document Administration and Record-Keeping
- Completing daily reports and sending them to the Project Manager via email. All fields must be filled out.
- Conducting routine safety inspections and safety meetings in accordance with the company's Safety Program.
- Planning, scheduling, chairing, and taking meeting minutes for weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Preparing a two-week rolling schedule weekly and transmitting it to the Project Manager.
- Collecting digital pictures depicting the progress of the work and sending them to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Complying with SWPPP program requirements, including recordkeeping, inspections, and enforcement.
- Updating the record set of "as-built" documents weekly, in collaboration with relevant trades on site.
- Valid driver's license
- Completion of OSHA 30 Hour training certification
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet project deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle confidential information/situations
- Strong customer service skills for building and maintaining relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Supportive behavior that fosters a positive work environment aligned with company mission and values
- 5-8 years of construction experience with a general contractor, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and ability to interpret blueprints and specifications
- Strong supervision skills to manage employees and job activities
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proficiency in communication tools such as email, sending digital pictures, and file sharing
- Familiarity with online project management software used by the company (training will be provided)
- The physical demands of this job include sitting, conversing, listening, using hands to handle objects and tools, and reaching with hands and arms. Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are necessary.
- The employee must be able to lift/carry over 50+ pounds periodically, and push/pull over 50+ pounds periodically.
- Attendance at the scheduled site/office is required and must be reliable.
- Ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Collaborative work style as part of a team.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk for at least eight hours per day.
- Ability to adapt to outdoor temperature fluctuations.
- This position involves both indoor and outdoor work.