Lead Web Developer
Lead Web Developer Opportunity in Houston, TX
Our company is seeking a highly skilled Lead Web Developer who will collaborate closely with our business and system analysts to conceive, develop, optimize, and support workflows utilizing the IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) or IBM Business Automation Workflow (IBM BAW). This role offers the exciting opportunity to lead significant project design and development, backed by a supportive IT team.
Your responsibilities will encompass the creation of innovative business process applications and the enhancement of existing applications on the IBM BPM/BAW platform. This will involve designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting process applications using IBM Process/Web Designer.
Additionally, you will engage in the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of Java Web Services and applications running on an IBM WebSphere Application Server.
In this role, it is advantageous to possess the ability to collaborate with various enterprise teams for standard integrations and to provide leadership in devising solutions for these teams. While it is not mandatory, any familiarity with Microservices/DevOps/Docker/Git/Containers/Cloud will be considered a strong asset.
Furthermore, experience with Java, ODM, RPA, Watson, or Angular/React JS will be viewed favorably.
We are also seeking an individual who can mentor junior developers.
Requirements for this Role:
• Thorough understanding of IBM BPM/BAW architecture.
• 7+ years of experience in IBM BPM/BAW, ranging from version 8.5 to the latest 20.0.x version.
• Proficiency in integrating REST, SOAP, and Java using integration services.
• Expertise in identifying the root cause of production issues and implementing permanent fixes.
• Capability in handling exceptions, UCAs, and tracking them.
• Experience in online deployments.
• Strong understanding and practical knowledge of BPD Development, Decision Gateways, System/Manual Lanes, and BPMN Notations.
• Familiarity with outbound REST/SOAP service calls.
• Experience in resolving failures of production instances using REST API's.
• Collaboration with systems/server teams on ifixes and upgrades.
• Knowledge/Experience with relational database SQL.
• Understanding of agile methodology.
• Familiarity with UI toolkits such as Spark UI or BP3 Brazos UI.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong focus on customer service and analytical abilities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant changes, demonstrating a consistently high level of performance.
• Self-motivation, a team-oriented mindset, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Availability to work occasional night and weekend hours as needed. On-call rotation is a requirement.
Additionally, a Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent work experience is required.