LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Waterloo, NY
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Job Type: Full-Time - 36 - 40 Hours
Work Schedule: 5 Days Per Week
Shift Hours: 8 Hours Per Day
Available Shifts: Day and Evening
Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Now Accepting Applications
- Starting Pay Rate: Highly competitive
- Required License: NYS LPN Licensure
- Required Certifications: BLS
- Minimum Experience: 1 year as an LPN
- Work Environment: Collaborative and Supportive
- Join a Visionary Organization: Be part of the best health system of their size in the US and an employer of choice.
- The LPN should possess the necessary knowledge and skills to provide appropriate care for patients of different age groups in their assigned unit. They should demonstrate knowledge of growth and development principles across the lifespan and be able to assess patient data and interpret relevant information to understand each patient's specific needs. Additionally, the LPN should be capable of providing care to adult and geriatric patients.
- The LPN will be responsible for providing direct and indirect skilled nursing care to assigned residents. They will follow established policies and procedures under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, while maintaining a collaborative relationship with other nursing staff, physicians, and ancillary staff. The LPN should continuously update their knowledge and clinical expertise through continuing education and in-service programs. They should be able to provide care to geriatric residents.
- Continuously collect relevant data about the physical and psychosocial condition of residents and communicate findings to RNs and other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Contribute to the creation of a developmentally and culturally appropriate resident care plan that reflects nursing diagnosis and interventions to achieve desired outcomes. Involve the resident/family and healthcare team in this process while promoting a healthy, safe environment.
- Recommend revisions to the care plan based on evaluation of resident outcomes and indicate the need for referrals to ensure comprehensive care. Collaborate with the resident/family and Interdisciplinary Team within the scope of nursing practice to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain current knowledge and competency in Nursing Practice. Participate in the mentoring/orientation of staff. Consider safety, cost, and impact factors in planning and delivering care. Provide leadership in the professional practice setting under the direction of the RN, demonstrating knowledge and competency.
The LPN may be exposed to occupational risks such as blood borne pathogens. The nature of the job may require contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues.
About the Area:
Waterloo, NY is a city situated in central New York State. It is located at the northern end of Seneca Lake, which is famous for being part of the Finger Lakes Region. The area offers quality wine trails, a rich history, captivating natural beauty, and attractions for all four seasons.
Ithaca, a city on Cayuga Lake, is home to Cornell University and is located nearby. The surrounding area is characterized by stunning gorges, many of which feature dramatic waterfalls like Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls.
Watkins Glen State Park, located near the tip of Seneca Lake, offers rocky cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and trout fishing opportunities. Southwest of Waterloo is the Corning Museum of Glass, and to the north is the Old Erie Canal, a historic waterway that now provides hiking, canoeing, and fishing experiences. In the northwest, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario.
Waterloo is not far from a highly rated mall, excellent restaurants, and numerous outdoor activities. Additionally, nearby attractions include Hobart and William Smith Colleges and Ithaca.