Mechanical Equipment Technician
Location: Farmington, CT
Mode: Direct Placement
Our client, a manufacturing company, is seeking a reliable Mechanical Equipment Technician for a Direct Placement position. To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in this field.
- Perform emergency and unscheduled repairs on production equipment and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Focus on troubleshooting electrical and CNC systems.
- Coordinate and participate in the setup, rigging, installation, and startup of new equipment and machinery.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance schedules.
- Create and design equipment to solve maintenance problems.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs without assistance.
- Excessive standing, bending, and climbing (ladders, lifts, machines, etc.) required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2-3 years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficiency in computer numerical controls (CNCs) and Fanuc based controls.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, electronic, and CNC programming skills with knowledge of CNC machines, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and analyze electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
- Experience interpreting assembly drawings for production machines.
- Minimum 5 years of CNC maintenance experience.