Maintenance Technician (apartment complex)
Our client is seeking to hire a Maintenance Associate at their luxurious 420-unit apartment complex in Windsor, CT. This is a direct position that offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, including a 401k match!
Our client prides itself on maintaining a culture of integrity, professionalism, and hard work. We aim to become the gold standard for property management companies in every state where we operate, and we understand that our team is the key to achieving that goal. Each of our locations features on-site, hands-on management, setting us apart from our competitors. When you join AMP Residential, you become part of our family. We want our team members to embody AMP's values at each community and make our residents feel like they are part of the family as well. We offer our team members a fulfilling career that challenges and engages them, providing opportunities for growth and success.
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for maintaining the property, ensuring a safe, attractive, and comfortable environment. This individual will build and maintain relationships with other service staff, residents, and vendors. Responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, conducting regular inspections of buildings and grounds as part of a preventative maintenance plan, fulfilling service requests, and assisting with apartment make-ready tasks. The maintenance associate reports directly to the maintenance supervisor.
- Prepare vacant apartments for new tenants by completing necessary repairs
- Provide fast and friendly service while completing work orders in occupied apartments
- Follow preventive maintenance guidelines
- Maintain the grounds of the property
- Handle HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and appliance service requests
- Collaborate with the team to achieve property goals
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Employees must meet the physical demands outlined here to successfully perform essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities: Must be capable of standing, walking, sitting, using hands and fingers, handling or feeling, and reaching with hands and arms.
The position requires the ability to climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, as well as the ability to talk or hear.
Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100lbs
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Hold a valid Driver's License
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Facilities maintenance experience is a plus
- EPA certification is advantageous but not required; must obtain within 90 days of employment
- Must pass background check and drug screening
- Must be available for after-hours and weekend on-call responsibilities (rotating schedule)
- Full-time hourly position
- 401k match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive benefits plan available (medical, dental, vision, life, disability)
- Competitive wage
- Annual boot allowance
- On-site employee apartment discount available
- And more!