Manual Lathe Machinist
We are currently seeking a skilled Manual Lathe Operator to join our team in Canton, MI. As a Manual Lathe Machinist, you will be responsible for operating a range of machines including Vertical Turning Lathe, Vertical Turret Lathe, and Vertical Boring Mill.
- You will work with part diameters that range from 30" to 124".
- Your tasks will involve performing both roughing and finishing operations, ensuring that the finishing is done to precise tolerances.
- In addition to operating the machines, you will also be responsible for inspecting parts using tools such as micrometers and calipers, as well as changing tools when necessary.
- You must be able to read and follow work order instructions accurately.
- With your expertise, you will be able to set up the machine without any supervision.
- Operating all lifting devices will be a part of your regular responsibilities.
- As a skilled operator, you will troubleshoot any issues that arise during the machining processes.
- You will also be expected to identify any maintenance-related issues and suggest preventative and predictive maintenance measures.