Manufacturing Engineer II
Join a thriving organization with an innovative leadership team that deeply values and appreciates its employees. Exciting growth opportunities await at our client's location in Milwaukee, WI. In this role, you will focus on developing, implementing, and enhancing factory processes. As the bridge between design engineering and the production floor, you will provide manufacturing expertise to introduce new products and implement changes to existing ones. Your responsibilities will include maintaining production capability, improving quality, reducing costs, enhancing safety, and optimizing efficiency. You will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
About the Company – Our client is a major player in the heavy mobile equipment industry.
· This growing division is part of a $1 billion heavy mobile equipment organization with nearly 6,000 employees worldwide.
· Production orders have been booked out for a year.
· You will work under a dynamic Manufacturing Engineering Manager who was promoted from within to lead this group.
· The company has an outstanding culture focused on safety and individual growth.
Benefits and Features – We truly VALUE and APPRECIATE our employees!
· Enjoy excellent benefits and a competitive compensation plan, including a 4.5% employer match on 401K, health, vision, dental, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, life insurance, and more.
· An 8% bonus level.
· Enjoy flexible work hours with a shortened Friday schedule, allowing for better work-life balance.
· Additional perks include tuition reimbursement, an on-site fitness center, and an on-site nurse.
· We believe in a true work-life balance. When you take a vacation, you get to fully enjoy it without being tethered to your laptop and email. Your team will support you!
· We foster a culture of continuous improvement, where every team member's voice is heard and good ideas are appreciated at all levels of the organization.
· We embrace a business casual workplace, so you can wear jeans every day.
Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Lead the planning, support, and implementation of new product introductions to the manufacturing floor. Ensure seamless integration of new products into existing lines, considering the impact on online balance, pFMEA, and line efficiency.
- Apply advanced knowledge of Lean Concepts and continuous improvement methodologies to drive waste reduction in manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise on the production line.
- Lead initiatives that mitigate risk, ensure ISO compliance, and reduce costs.
- Drive design improvements within the manufacturing process, including line and cell layout, tooling, and part flow.
- Justify capital equipment investments.
- Promote safety and ergonomic practices in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 4 to 7 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Proficiency in CAD, Word, Excel, and Access
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma principles
- Experience with production line layout is a plus