Mechanical Product Manager
Join our team as a Mechanical Engineering Manager in the vibrant city of Boston, MA. In this role, you will play a crucial part in evaluating and recommending application solutions for a wide range of mechanical products and technologies:
- Ball Screw
- Ball Transfer Units
- Ball Rails & Runner Blocks
- Cartesian Gantries
- Electromechanical Cylinders
- Linear Actuators
- Linear Bearings
- Linear Bushings & Shafts
- Gear Rack & Pinion
- Runner Block Measuring Systems
- Screw Jacks
- Smart Function Kits
- Tightening Tools
Your main responsibility will be recommending systems solutions to clients that not only meet but exceed their application requirements. You will establish yourself as a technical expert and become a consultant for our clients' machinery and production processes.
- Deliver technical and sales support, both remotely and in-person.
- Conduct sales calls and schedule appointments with potential new accounts
- Assist in providing technical training at 2 product training meetings (PTMs) annually
- Evaluate and propose electrical technology solutions for client applications, including providing Bill of Materials and other relevant details for Sales Engineer's proposals.
- Strive to achieve annual corporate sales goals for all applicable products in the industrial market
- Train the sales staff on applications and products
- Promote a positive team environment by assisting co-workers
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, optimizing space utilization
- Build strong relationships with factory representatives from our manufacturing partners.
- Perform any other assigned duties
- Self-motivation and a strong desire to assist customers with their industrial automation needs
- Exceptional customer relations or sales skills
- Well-versed in solving industrial application problems, including expertise in Ball Screw, Ball Transfer Units, Cartesian Gantries, Coupling, Electromechanical Cylinders, Linear Bushings and bearings and shafts, precision gearboxes, Rack & Pinion, tightening tools, and more)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems pertaining to the Industrial Machinery industry
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with engineers and technical designers to identify and deliver appropriate customer solutions
- Mechanical aptitude or a strong interest in electro-mechanical technologies
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or possess equivalent work experience of 10 to 20 years.
- Have a solid background of 7-10 years in the industry, preferably as a sales engineer, application engineer, or a combination.
- Competitive commissions
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Employee discounts on automobiles
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance coverage
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Training program for both job and personal development
- Supportive team environment
- Generous holiday schedule
- Car allowance
- Cell phone allowance
- Anniversary bonus