Mechanical Project Manager
A position is available for a dynamic and skilled individual to join our team as a Mechanical Engineering Project Coordinator. This role will be based in Reno, NV and offers an exciting opportunity to work for a prominent Industrial General Contractor. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing project controls support for various mechanical/industrial construction projects. They will play a crucial role in ensuring projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Devise and maintain project schedules, budgets, and efficient cost management systems.
- Identify and analyze potential project risks, and establish risk management plans.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate project information with all stakeholders, including project team members, management, and clients.
- Track project performance and progress, delivering regular updates to project managers and other stakeholders.
- Detect and resolve project issues and conflicts.
- Assist in developing project proposals, contracts, and comprehensive scope documents.
- Supervise and provide mentorship to a team of project controls engineers and analysts.
- Deliver training and support to project team members regarding project controls processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of project controls standards, productivity tracking, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of project controls experience, preferably within the industrial construction industry.
- Proven expertise in developing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and cost management systems.
- Sound understanding of project management principles and practices.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and other project management software.
- Prior experience with earned value management (EVM).
- Familiarity with risk management.
- Experience in construction estimating.
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practices.