Medical Social Worker (MSW) – Home Health
If you have a strong desire to enhance the well-being of elderly individuals, we want to hear from you!
What qualities are we seeking in our Home Health Care Counselors?
- Evaluate the psychological and social conditions of patients/clients in relation to their illness and surroundings.
- Execute social assessments and develop intervention plans based on evaluation results.
- Maintain clinical records for all patients/clients referred to social work.
- Provide information and referral services to Organization patients/clients, as well as families/caregivers, regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Supply information to patients/clients, families/caregivers, and community agencies.
- Act as a link between patients/clients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with Organization agency personnel to support patient/client care.
- Maintain and establish contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient/client and agency personnel.
- Participate in the development of the overall care plan and case conferences as required.
- Assist physicians and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health issues.
- Take part in discharge planning.
- Perform other delegated duties by the Clinical Director/supervisor. Participate in In-Service education.
- Must enjoy exploring various locations in your community!
- Graduated from a Master’s program in social work that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Mandatory.
- Minimum of one year experience in the healthcare field.
- Desirable to have prior experience in home health care.
- Proficient in both written and oral communication, with excellent organizational skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills.
- Able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English. Mandatory.