MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST – Technical Support Specialist
Location: Jersey City, NJ
We have a fantastic opportunity in Jersey City, NJ for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. If you are an ASCP Certified, Medical Technologist, this is a great chance to work for a medical lab device manufacturer. As a Technical Support Specialist & trainer, you will utilize your lab knowledge and travel within the region. You will play a key role in the installation process as a trainer and will also be responsible for documenting lab procedures. Some overnight travel will be required.
Preference will be given to candidates residing in the Central - Northern NJ area. Please note that we cannot consider anyone who needs to relocate for this position.
The base salary for this position ranges from $70K to $85K, depending on experience. In addition, you will be eligible for a performance bonus and an installation bonus of $5K to $10K annually. We also provide a company vehicle and paid family medical benefits.
- To qualify for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related field, as well as a minimum of 5 years of lab experience.
- ASCP Certification is required.
- You should also have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist.
- Preference will be given to candidates with good Coagulation experience.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- All candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization.
- In this role, you will be responsible for direct problem solving related to reagents, kits, procedures, adaptations, and software upgrades.
- You will provide training to medical technologists on the use of the instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for resolving reagent-based issues.
- Your lab knowledge will also be utilized in providing post-sales support for the instrumentation.
- Representing the company at seminars, conventions, meetings, and workshops will be part of your role.
- You will provide telephone support to machine operators.
- Performance Bonus
- Installation Bonus
- Fully paid family medical
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop, Cellphone
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, PTO, and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement