Non-Profit Executive Director
Non-Profit Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Position Overview: We are seeking a visionary and dynamic Chief Executive Officer to lead our non-profit organization based in Pittsburgh, PA. The CEO will spearhead our growth and work collaboratively with our dedicated staff and Board of Directors to achieve exceptional outcomes. This key leadership role will focus on empowering our team, engaging our Board, effective organization management, donor cultivation and stewardship, and the implementation of a sustainable and ambitious vision for success.
Reports To: Board of Directors Must have experience leading a membership-based non-profit.
Mission and Strategy:
- Collaborate with the Board to establish and implement a clear and innovative vision for the organization.
- Articulate strategic goals and objectives and develop the necessary plans to successfully realize the organization's vision.
- Ensure that all programs align closely with the organization's mission and vision, achieving strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the Board to fulfill the organization's mission, serving as the primary liaison for staff.
- Collaborate with the Board President to set meeting agendas, ensuring effective communication on program, development, financial, and strategic matters.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of Board meetings.
- Facilitate regular interaction between the Board and Staff to enhance knowledge of the organization's programs and key personnel.
Communications and External Relations:
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including national/state, community, and business leaders, funders, etc.
- Elevate the organization's profile and increase brand recognition.
- Oversee all internal and external communications, including lobbying activities.
- Direct and oversee the organization's social media presence.
- Recruit, lead, develop, and motivate a highly qualified and passionate team to achieve program goals.
- Ensure the implementation of effective systems and processes for day-to-day operations, including program management, development, and administration.
- Manage the planning and execution of major events that support the organization's mission and goals.
- Ensure that all programs align with the organization's mission and vision, and successfully achieve strategic goals.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of community-related issues and promote best practices in the field.
- Act as a strategic recruiter for all volunteers, ensuring the organization has a strong pool of dedicated individuals.
- Personally engage in program delivery, including volunteer recruitment, retention, and leadership development.
Fundraising and Financial Management:
- Lead fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Board of Directors, with a clear understanding of securing resources for financial sustainability.
- Develop and execute a rigorous and continuous fundraising plan to support the organization's mission and programs.
- Manage the organization's budget and ensure proper stewardship of financial resources.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial controls and systems.
- Ensure timely preparation and filing of all financial and tax-related documents.
- Oversee the management of the organization's physical space, infrastructure, and assets in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Provide guidance on human resource issues, including developing and implementing personnel policies, managing benefits, employment practices, and handling individual personnel matters.
- Ensure the organization follows sound risk management policies and practices, including compliance with applicable laws and obtaining appropriate insurance coverage.
- Possess a strong passion for the organization's mission.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional relationship-building abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting volunteers and a strong commitment to advancing art and design.
- At least 10 years of relevant management experience, including direct staff supervision, financial reporting/oversight, and involvement in lobbying activities.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Thrives in a close-knit team environment and embraces technology for effective collaboration and communication.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in an Executive Director or equivalent role.
- Past experience in successfully meeting and surpassing fundraising goals.
- This is a full-time and exempt position, offering generous employee benefits and fostering a supportive team atmosphere.