PATIENT SAFETY OFFICER
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER
Palm Springs, CA
$140,000 - $200,000 + Bonus + Relocation Assistance
Highly Competitive Compensation, Sign-On Bonus, and Relocation Package
The Quality Assurance Officer (QAO) is responsible for supporting the patient safety program and implementing process improvements to reduce medical errors and enhance patient outcomes at our facility in Palm Springs. Working closely with the Patient Safety Officer (PSO) and the Chief Quality Officer (CQO), the QAO assists in safety assessments, coordinates patient safety committee activities, educates staff on system-based causes of errors, and communicates effective patient safety strategies within the organization. Additionally, the QAO collaborates with all departments to ensure reliable healthcare delivery and adherence to best practices in patient safety.
In this role, the QAO reviews patient safety events, participates in root cause analysis meetings, monitors compliance with patient safety goals and regulations, and provides ongoing education to staff. The QAO also conducts intense analyses for non-sentinel events, handles product recalls and defective products, and stays up-to-date on patient safety initiatives and TJC Sentinel Alerts. Furthermore, the QAO plays a key role in involving patients and their families in the organization's patient safety systems and engages in proactive risk reduction.
- Participate in the Patient Safety Program and Committee.
- Investigate patient safety issues within the organization.
- Lead root cause analysis, focused reviews, and intense analysis.
- Promote error reporting through a nonpunitive reporting system.
- Ensure compliance with audits and monitoring.
- Identify reportable events and comply with reporting requirements.
- Promote best practices for patient safety and compliance.
- Devise and update patient safety policies and procedures.
- Deliver educational presentations on patient safety standards.
- Act as a resource for employees and medical staff on patient safety.
- Analyze the annual Patient Safety Survey and address findings.
- Manage product recalls and report to regulatory authorities.
- Stay informed about patient safety initiatives and best practices.
- Respond effectively to adverse occurrences and Sentinel Events.
- Take a proactive approach to reduce risk.
- Integrate patient safety as a priority in new and existing processes.
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- Recommend and facilitate change to improve patient safety.
- Support patient and family engagement in safety systems.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of patient information.
- Handle patient grievance and complaint investigations.
- Adhere to the organization's values and decision-making processes.
- Active California Nursing license
- Bachelor’s Degree in patient care related field
- 3+ years of experience in hospital leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in leading meetings
- Strong data interpretation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- J.D, or Master’s in Nursing, Health Services, or Patient Safety
- Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Experience in coordinating root cause analysis and intense analysis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance