Pavement Construction Technician
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
We are seeking a skilled Asphalt Paving Technician to offer construction management services and expertise for a variety of clients and projects.
Using your knowledge of asphalt paving and construction processes, you will oversee and evaluate the construction of our clients' projects. This role is part of a rapidly growing department, giving you a stable full-time schedule, minimal physical labor, and opportunities for career progression.
If you are looking for growth in the pavement management field, do not miss out on this exceptional opportunity!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage construction projects, including: conducting pre-construction meetings, coordinating the contractor's work schedule, reviewing and approving material submittals and procedures, and observing onsite construction activities
- Evaluate the construction of paving projects to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and standards for line, grade, materials, and workmanship
- Prepare accurate daily reports and record drawings using electronic reporting software
- Provide project information to contractors, project managers, and property owners/managers
- Communicate with clients to address inquiries and provide updates
- Collaborate with our GPS team to incorporate advanced technologies like drones into our client deliverables
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in pavement construction, engineering, inspection/review, or a related field, including:
- Onsite project management and construction inspection/review
- Working with or for pavement contractors
- Willingness to travel 25-50% within Wisconsin.
- Experience in client interaction
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills, with advanced problem-solving abilities and a deadline-oriented mindset
- Initiative, a positive attitude, and attention to detail
- Ability to interact diplomatically and tactfully with a diverse range of individuals, including residents, municipal officials, supervisors, project managers, contractors, and laborers
- Capability to act as an on-site coordinator for construction projects
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting construction drawings
- Proficiency in using tools to measure, estimate, and verify adherence to project specifications
- Readiness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- A valid driver's license, personal vehicle, and personal vehicle insurance
Our organization is highly regarded as a preferred place to work due to our flexible work environment, engaged culture, and comprehensive training and mentoring program.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Generous personal time off and holiday programs
- Health, dental, vision, life, dependent life, and disability insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Profit sharing and performance bonuses
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prepaid legal services
- Tuition reimbursement