Pharmacy Manager needed near Reed City, MI! Great hours!
Location: Reed City, MI
Pharmacy Manager positon in Reed City, MI!
- We are looking for a Retail Pharmacy Manager to join our team in Reed City, MI
- Competitive pay rate ranging from $52/hour to $54/hour, with potential for monthly and quarterly bonus/profit sharing
- Work schedule requires 36-40 hours per week
- You will have the ability to set your own schedule, with the requirement to work 1-2 Saturdays per month
- Store hours are from 9am to 7pm Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays
As a Retail Pharmacy Manager, your role is crucial in the operation of our independent community pharmacy in Reed City, MI. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated to our Pharmacy's success and culture, and who understand and embrace our commitment to serving others. In this position, you will need to be willing to tackle any task that arises on a daily basis.
This position requires strong leadership skills, commitment, dedication, effective communication, empathy, and a comprehensive understanding of both being a pharmacist and running a community pharmacy. Exceptional communication skills, including listening, verbal and written abilities, are the most important skill for this role. As the Pharmacy Manager, you will collaborate with the Operations Manager to co-manage the pharmacy team, set goals for the store's overall success, delegate responsibilities effectively, and lead by example in accordance with our HomeTown mission.
As the Pharmacy Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all necessary licensing requirements as a Pharmacist are met
• Performing all activities outlined in the Staff Pharmacist Job Description
• Conducting Comprehensive Medication Reviews and other MTM activities effectively
• Operating, training, and growing HomeTown's medication synchronization program
• Obtaining certification to provide immunizations
• Overseeing communication with the Specialty team for specialty medications
• Participating in the hiring and termination of pharmacy team members (working with the Operations Manager if applicable)
• Reviewing the monthly patient transfer report
• Establishing accurate job descriptions and expectations for all pharmacy staff
• Conducting meaningful and timely Performance Reviews for pharmacy teammates annually
• Creating and managing the schedule for Pharmacists
• Supervising the training of pharmacy technicians
• Overseeing inventory management, including vendor returns, interstore transfers, and removing outdated products
• Possessing proficiency in all pharmacy tasks
• Living within a 30-minute drive of the store and being available to respond to afterhours calls
• Maintaining a list of teammates' phone numbers at home
• Opening and closing the pharmacy every day
• Being responsive to customers' pharmacy needs even on days off
• Attending all store events and important/key activities
• Keeping a list of Pharmacists in the pharmacy to call in case of emergencies
• Overseeing and maintaining the cleanliness of the pharmacy
Page 2 of 3 Licensed Pharmacy Manager REVISED 3.2021
o General housekeeping tasks performed by the store team:
- Daily: emptying trash, vacuuming
- Weekly: cleaning bathrooms, dusting shelves/fixtures
- As needed/requested: moving products/boxes, running errands/making deliveries, facing products on shelving
• Going above and beyond to create a friendly, caring, safe, and happy pharmacy environment/culture for both customers and teammates.
• Bringing a positive attitude and having fun every day!
The following skills are absolute must-haves for this role:
• Outstanding customer service abilities
• Effective communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent time management
• Strong organizational skills
• Willingness to learn new skills