Physical Therapist - Amherst, NY
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employment Type: DIRECT HIRE
- Experience: New PT Grads Welcome
- Compensation: Competitive, based on experience
- Benefits Package: Excellent
- Location: Amherst, New York (suburb of Buffalo, NY)
Our team is seeking a skilled Physical Therapist to provide comprehensive and high-quality therapy services, ensuring the health and well-being of our residents. A valid state-specific Physical Therapy license is required for this position.
- Implement prescribed physical therapy treatments based on physicians' orders, in close coordination with physician communication.
- Create and maintain written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for residents participating in the physical therapy program.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to meet the unique needs of each resident and promote rehabilitation and functional maintenance.
- Participate in Resident Care Planning meetings and substitute for the Director of Physical Therapy, as needed.
- Maintain accurate statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Support in-service training programs upon request.
- Update residents' plan of care in the Inter-disciplinary Kardex.
- Order and obtain necessary supplies for resident treatments through the Director of Physical Therapy.
- Assume all duties of the Director of Physical Therapy in their absence, including supervision of Physical Therapy Aides and completion of required documentation.
- Graduation from an accredited physical therapy school is required.
- A valid state license to practice physical therapy is mandatory.
- New PT Grads are welcomed to apply.
- Preference given to candidates with at least two years of physical therapy experience.
- Must have a strong interest in geriatric and subacute populations and possess the ability to supervise others.
- About the area: Amherst, NY is a vibrant suburb of Buffalo, NY, located in the Western part of New York. Buffalo is renowned for its Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills teams, Buffalo Wings and the famous wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, Canal-side events, St. Patrick's Day Celebrations, an array of food trucks, clean city reputation, and an abundant offering of hockey. The city also hosts the largest two-day food festival in the region and boasts many outstanding colleges and universities. Additionally, Niagara Falls, one of the world's seven wonders, is only a brief 30-minute drive away, with the convenience of reaching Niagara Falls, Canada in the same timeframe and Rochester within 1.25 hours, and Syracuse in 2.50 hours.