Location: Buffalo, NY
REHABILITATION SPECIALIST -
- Full-time Position (37.5 Hours Per Week).
- Permanent Employment Status.
- New Graduates in Rehabilitation Welcome.
- Competitive Compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Opportunities for Professional Advancement & long-term job stability.
- Innovative Professional Training Programs.
- Job Location: Buffalo, NY.
- The Rehabilitation Specialist evaluates Residents upon admission and devises/administers personalized rehabilitation plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and foster lasting health benefits.
- The primary aim is to facilitate mobility, alleviate pain, and forestall disability through exercise therapy, hands-on manipulation, and other advanced techniques.
- Assess the condition of each Resident and formulate an appropriate rehabilitation strategy.
- Aid Residents in improving their mobility and range of motion.
- Alleviate pain in Residents through therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, stretching, and specialized physical therapy tools.
- Educate Residents on the proper usage of physical therapy equipment.
- Support Residents in their tasks and monitor their progress.
- Inform Residents about the different stages of their recovery and guide them on how to deal with each situation.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Resident information and safeguard facility operations.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols to protect the well-being of Residents and employees.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive resident care.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Current PT License issued by the State of New York.
- Experience in skilled nursing/long-term care is advantageous.
About Buffalo, NY:
- Buffalo, located in Western New York, boasts various attractions, such as the Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, renowned Buffalo Wings and annual wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, vibrant Canal-side district, festive St. Patty's Day celebrations, abundant food trucks, and recognition as a clean city. The region is also well-regarded for its exceptional colleges and universities. Moreover, the astounding Niagara Falls, one of the seven wonders of the world, is only a short 30-minute drive away. Additionally, Buffalo offers convenient access to Niagara Falls, Canada (30 minutes), Rochester (1.25 hours), and Syracuse, NY (2.50 hours).