Physical Therapist Assistant – PTA
Location: Rochester, NY
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT -
(LICENSED PTA IN NEW YORK STATE)
- Full-time position.
- Permanent employment opportunity.
- Direct hire position.
- Newly graduated PTA program students are welcome.
- Competitive compensation based on relevant experience.
- Excellent benefits package offered.
- Opportunities for professional growth and stability.
- Inclusive training programs.
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Record and assess motor function, strength, and muscle performance of residents.
- Collaborate with physical therapists to create personalized treatment plans.
- Observe residents and prepare progress reports.
- Evaluate residents' ability to perform daily activities independently.
- Assist residents in performing specific exercises.
- Administer various techniques, such as stretching and massage, to treat residents.
- Provide guidance to residents on the use of equipment and devices.
- Teach residents proper exercise techniques to enhance muscle strength and mobility.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Adhere to federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contribute to the overall team effort.
- Graduate of an accredited PTA program.
- Valid PTA license in the state of New York.
- Prior experience is advantageous.
About the area: Discover a multitude of artistic, theatrical, musical, photographic, and historical experiences in Rochester, New York. From visiting the location where Susan B. Anthony was arrested to enjoying live jazz performances on the streets, there is no shortage of cultural enrichment. Rochester is situated on the southern shore of Lake Ontario and is at the heart of the historic Erie Canal. It is conveniently located within a 90-minute drive to Niagara Falls, 1.5 hours to the Finger Lakes wine country, and 6 hours to New York City. The area hosts world-class events like the International Jazz Festival, Highland Park Lilac Festival, PGA and LPGA championships, and more, attracting nearly two million visitors annually. Additionally, popular attractions for all ages include the George Eastman Museum, the National Museum of Play at the Strong, and the National Toy Hall of Fame. This picturesque region is abundant in state and local parks offering a range of outdoor activities such as summer and winter sports, camping, and more.