Plant Manager – 1st Processing
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience in poultry processing.
- First-hand experience in first processing is required.
- Must have previously attained the position of Superintendent or higher.
- Prior experience in overseeing a team of Supervisors and hourly employees.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple protocols/projects with timely completion. Proficiency in developing and implementing protocols and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills at both strategic and functional levels.
- Prior supervisory experience is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with industry standard procedures including HACCP, SPC, etc., and knowledge of plant efficiency in terms of yield, pounds per birds, pmh, line speeds, and automated process equipment.
The main responsibility of this role is to provide effective leadership in the day-to-day supervision of the staff, ensuring the attainment of production and quality standards in a safe work environment while fostering positive working relationships within the production team. Key duties include:
- Establishing, measuring, and taking ownership of operational and capital budgets related to the first processing department.
- Meeting all operational plans of the facility, including yield, pounds per man hour, line efficiency, CSI, and QI.
- Implementing processes aimed at reducing turnover, improving safety performance, and fostering a workplace that attracts top talent.
- Developing training programs to enhance the supervisory skills of the team and broaden the skillset of hourly production associates for enhanced individual and team performance.
- Continuously introducing innovative ideas and methods to enhance operational efficiency and product quality, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Supporting and promoting the achievement of the company’s annual goals through effective planning and communication, emphasizing the need for efficiency and effectiveness in all team members' roles and responsibilities.