Plant Manager – Dairy
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Dairy Plant Manager for a cutting-edge dairy facility located in Sheboygan, WI. This facility operates 24/7/365 and takes pride in delivering exceptional quality products. As the Plant Manager, you will play a crucial role in enhancing safety, quality, cost-efficiency, customer service, and employee relations. You will work closely with the sales team to maintain strong customer relationships and explore growth opportunities.
Your responsibilities will involve budget management, resource optimization, and fostering a positive work environment that promotes continuous improvement. You will focus on developing the skills and capabilities of both salaried and hourly team members, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the site's strategic direction and implementation.
· You should have at least 10 years of progressive manufacturing experience, demonstrating strong leadership qualities and a track record of delivering sustainable results.
· A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Science/Food Science, Agriculture, Business Administration, or Engineering is required.
· Demonstrated success in LEAN/Six Sigma/TMM methodologies would be highly regarded.
· Previous experience in dairy manufacturing is essential, with expertise in Cheese and Whey processing being highly desirable.
· Your ability to foster teamwork and collaboration within the plant will be instrumental in driving business results and improving the overall plant culture.
· You should possess strong leadership skills to effectively manage a team of managers, supervisors, engineers, and cheesemakers, as well as build a strong union employee team.
· You should have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including EHS, Quality, R&D, Finance, Sales, and Business.
Your technical acumen is critical in solving problems and providing guidance to engineers, cheesemakers, and supervisors. This will ultimately contribute to the production of high-quality, ageable cheddar cheese.
A master's degree in a related field would be a valuable asset for this role. Progressive manufacturing experience in cheddar cheesemaking and dairy would also be advantageous. Additionally, Lean/Continuous Improvement certifications would be a plus.